Log Book Pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scowens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm making my own log book pages and am courious as to what type of pages are used. If you can, tell me what part number, etc. and where you got it.

Presently, I'm using HP color Laser paper "Heavy Weight", 28 lb with a 96 brightness. I got it at Staples. #HPL285R. This still isn't the nice, thick and shiny paper that commerical log pages are made of.

So, what do you all use?

Thanks
Steve

scowens:
I'm making my own log book pages and am courious as to what type of pages are used. If you can, tell me what part number, etc. and where you got it.

Presently, I'm using HP color Laser paper "Heavy Weight", 28 lb with a 96 brightness. I got it at Staples. #HPL285R. This still isn't the nice, thick and shiny paper that commerical log pages are made of.

So, what do you all use?

Thanks
Steve

I've seen log pages made in a "flat" paper and a glossy paper. If you use a rollerball pen use the "flat" paper as it absorbs the ink better. If you use a ballpoint you can use a glossier finish if you like. The glossy finish smears with rollerball pens IME.

Rhad

I briefly looked at making my own logs, but decided to just go with logs from dive-logs.com Overall I'm pleased with their product (note: I'm not affiliated with them in anyway other then being a satisfied customer).

As far as paper goes, have you tried going to a Kinkos or any other print store? I bet they'd have loads of different papers on hand for you to check out.

-Justin

Aqua Ho:
Or are there? Anyone know of any?

Here are a couple threads on DIY log book pages that fellow SB members have produced. There are a few more threads out there I think, these two were just the ones that I grabbed. You can search for more.

Thread #1 and #2.

Thanks, followed the threads, but couldn't find what types of pages people are using.

Thanks
Steve

Here's the one I printed up for myself after looking at a dozen or so different log books - it contains what I want now with lots of room for growth in the type of diving I do. Feel free to change it and use it if you like it . . . for that matter feel free to change it and use it if you don't like it - lol. It's a tiff image and about 375k

Tim

I wrote a pretty nice logbook in Excel that I'd be willing to share if you send me a PM.

At one point I was planning on selling it under the name "MyDiveLog" (now the screen name makes sense, right?), because it let's the user easily customize it with their name, particular type of equipment, weather & diving conditions, etc. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to add some features that I'm thinking of before making it available for sale for a nominal price.

It's nice if you want to hand-write the pages, printing on the 8 & 1/2' x 11' that you cut in half for the small log books. It's also useful if you are anal enough to enter the dive info...it can calculate the SAC rate for you. If your dive computer is like mine (only gives me max depth) it'll automatically give you a range of SAC rates (at max depth, 2/3 max depth, and 1/2 max depth). If your computer does provide avg depth it'll give you just one SAC, hiding all the other stuff automatically.

DarkFrog:
As far as paper goes, have you tried going to a Kinkos or any other print store? I bet they'd have loads of different papers on hand for you to check out.

-Justin
Yup! Went to Kinkos and they recommended the paper I got. Still not really what I'm looking for - the thick glossy stuff.

Thanks
Steve

Steve, if you want truly waterproof, use Durarite .

Most water-resistant (not truly waterproof) logbooks use Rite in the rain , which has the surface finish you describe.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom