Location for Equip Check Dive in N Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

giles45shop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All,

I'm heading to CA next week and want to do a quick weight/trim check in salt water with a new wetsuit. I live in the Odessa area and work in the US19/Ulmerton Rd area. I'm looking for suggestions on a place to do a quick solo weight check in salt water. My LDS suggested the rest area on the south end (west side) of the Skyway, any other suggestions? I'm thinking about Fred Howard Park as another possibility.

I live on a lake, so I can do a fresh water check and extrapolate to salt, but if I can find someplace close and easy to do a quick check in salt water I would rather do that.

I'm familiar w/ risks of solo diving and have dove that way before, but I'm not looking for anything more than the equivalent of a salt water pool session.

Any suggested locations appreciated.

Thanks,

John

The spot at the Skyway would be good. On the Gulf side of the crecent shaped breakwater it gets about 17'. Careful getting in and out of the water due to the rip-rap along the seawall. Very cool to suface swim along the breakwater. Lots of fish and other life.

Thanks, I'll probably give that a try in the next day or so!

Hi everyone,
My wife and I are also looking for equipment ckeckout sites. Are there any other spots in the Tampa or nearby vacinity?
Would Venice beach be a good spot?
Thanks,
Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom