Greetings from Northern California!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RovingMedics

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
More specific, Sacramento, CA. Not quite NorCal as Redding, but definitely more NorCal than San Jose. :)

I'm a very new diver, as in I finished my check off dives yesterday morning and the ink on my training records isn't even dry yet. I'm looking forward to getting back out into the water again. I'm not new to water activities, though. I'm a current Flood & Swift Water Rescue Technician, along with Lake Rescue.

Looking forward to doing some diving in Jamaica, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Rica, and many other places. I signed up here after seeing some good threads about locations in this area, even though we don't have a whole lot of them, and I learned about MacDive through a post here as well.

Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Post us some trip reports as you progress with your diving. I think you'll enjoy the tropics, but cold water diving off California has its treasures, too.

Richard.

Welcome to SB, RM. Always great to see NorCal folks (especially Sac area ones) on SB! Lots of great local diving around here!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Post us some trip reports as you progress with your diving. I think you'll enjoy the tropics, but cold water diving off California has its treasures, too.

Richard.
Will do! Looking forward to a trip along the coast, hopefully a camping one too.

So far my only report has been....
Folsom Point

6' visibility

saw 1 fish. It was about 1" long.

:cool:

(some of the lakes here are at max capacity after years of being well under that, so what used to be a hike down to the water is now "Hop on in!" levels.)

Welcome to scubaboard!
I’m a Norcal’er myself from Santa Rosa.
Consider doing some diving in Monterey or up on the Sonoma/Mendocino coast.
A quick and easy/fun spot in Monterey is the Breakwater. A lot of open water classes happen there. The breakwall itself has some great stuff to see when you get further out including some kelp forests and sea lions.
There’s lots of great shore diving up north along the Sonoma and Mendocino coasts, and LOTS of places to stay and camp.
The spots are too numerous to count, it would require it’s own thread just to list the shore diving on the North Coast.

Back
Top Bottom