Local sources for reference carbon monoxide?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstevens

Toadfish. Splendid is implied but not guaranteed.
Reaction score
I expect to have a carbon monoxide meter around the end of the year since DiveNav's cootwo Kickstarter was rapidly funded, met its stretch goal, and the team involved has successfully launched other products.

Now I realize I'll need calibration gas for the meter. If I were to use it in the US I could simply order "bump gas" from someplace. The challenge is that this device will live on the island and I really don't think I want to try to deal with getting even a small cylinder of compressed carbon monoxide there in my luggage.

Any ideas?

I expect to have a carbon monoxide meter around the end of the year since DiveNav's cootwo Kickstarter was rapidly funded, met its stretch goal, and the team involved has successfully launched other products.

Now I realize I'll need calibration gas for the meter. If I were to use it in the US I could simply order "bump gas" from someplace. The challenge is that this device will live on the island and I really don't think I want to try to deal with getting even a small cylinder of compressed carbon monoxide there in my luggage.

Any ideas?

It wouldn't be a cylinder of compressed CO, it would be a cylinder of a very low concentration of CO blended with some inert gas, probably nitrogen, though you probably wouldn't be able to fly with it. I'll bet that any of the fill stations on Cozumel could order it for you.

As I mentioned elsewhere, the little can of bump gas they can provide is small enough to fly - but it is not calibration gas. It only shows that the unit is responding, which can also be done by just blowing into it. Everyone breathes out a tiny about of CO.

We shall see the sensorcon testers are good with a cal every 180 days if the cootwo cant perform similarly I could see a problem for their product in the long run.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom