local nj dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike2885

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey as most of you probaly know the sticky of dive directories in this section doesnt work. im new to diving a dont really know where to dive. if you guys would post your favorite dive sites (beachs, boats, wrecks, lakes, quarries, or rivers ect...) in new jersey or close too, i know it would help me and anyone one else out. if you could give any spots with the info need like location, enterance points, conditions, dangers, maybe even a description of what you could see and do that would be great. who knows this could even be the new sticky

Shark River, the basin off L Street Beach, is great to get wet and hone skills. Wlak in off the beach or use the "scuba stairs" near the tennis courts

Shark River Inlet is also good, enter from the River Ridge Apartments and ride the tide out, exit on the south beach (Belmar) and look for shark teeth. Yes there are shark (OK, dog fish) in the Shark River

hey thank for the info definitly gonna have to do that some time just wish i had some people to go with if anyone in the nj area would like to dive or needs a buddy i love to go still a new diver though but am willing to change that :wink:

Favorite NJ dive site? Easy, whatever is right below this baby...

025_3.JPG

We enter from A Street and ride the turn of the tide out. The kids pick the teeth up at waters edge

One of the nice things about the Back Bay of Belmar is coming out and heading straight over to the filet table and using the hose to immediately rinse all gear to prevent any salt buildup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom