Local Nitrox cert.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Primdrumma

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe some of you locals could help...

I'm looking to get Nitrox Certified (live in Cheyenne) but Alpine Scuba seems a bit high on there prices. Has anyone used a Dive Shop in the Ft. Collins area for Nitrox cert, what was the cost (class, books, and any dives). I am an E-4 in the Air Force so I don't have tons of cash to throw around, but diving is like crack (pretty addictive).

See other thread I had going here

Thanks in advance for any help

primdrumma, I have taken both ow and aow with alpine. yes they are expensive compared to coastal communities. A dive buddy and I are also looking at taking the nitrox class, possibly combined with the rescue class. I have talked with Tom, my instructor from day one and he has indicated a possible rate reduction for taking the combo approach. If you were to sign up for the above classes with us, then maybe we would have some buying power? anyway pm me if interested.

Since you're already driving to Ft. Collins, you might want to consider another bit farther south on I-25. At 120th there's Flatirons which offers both PADI and NAUI Nitrox certs. Price was less than that with the books for NAUI, and the PADI was less expensive (but then you'd have to do the checkout dives somewhere).

there is a guy on here named curt that will do it for 50 bucks.... thats where im getting mine...

Primdrumma:
Maybe some of you locals could help...

I'm looking to get Nitrox Certified (live in Cheyenne) but Alpine Scuba seems a bit high on there prices. Has anyone used a Dive Shop in the Ft. Collins area for Nitrox cert, what was the cost (class, books, and any dives). I am an E-4 in the Air Force so I don't have tons of cash to throw around, but diving is like crack (pretty addictive).

See other thread I had going here

Thanks in advance for any help

Odyssey is in Thornton and Flat Irons is in Broomfield. Its another 25 minutes south of Fort Collins if you want to make the drive. I hate to say this but you might shop around and give Flat Irons the information. They can either keep you or come down here. You can do NAUI, SSI or PADI Nitrox at these shops. Feel free to PM me if you want more info on these shops as I frequent both. Would be glad to help.

I really like the instructors at Alpine. Your time and gas money is worth something, as well. I can't believe that it would be MUCH cheaper somewhere else. If it is, bring that price in to Alpine and see if they will match it.

They are good people at Alpine and I love the unique facility but I would still go somewhere else if that is the price they are sticking to. I would give them the opportunity to match it but if not, I would come a little farther south. There are excellent shops in North Denver too.

I agree. The same goes for gear. Some of the gear is competitively price, some is outrageous. I have seen them come down on price when pressed. I will support a local shop, but I won't purposefully get ripped off.
Still, I will pay a little extra for the convenience, service, and kinship.

Divedoggie:
I agree. The same goes for gear. Some of the gear is competitively price, some is outrageous. I have seen them come down on price when pressed. I will support a local shop, but I won't purposefully get ripped off.
Still, I will pay a little extra for the convenience, service, and kinship.
alpine wanted 200 for the nitrox class last time i was in there... thats with out books and what not. Curt has books and everything for 50 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom