Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How does "accepted the penalties" work with "returned to North Carolina"?

Well it looks like the major infastructure project of fixing the sewer pipe under Melgar will be addressed starting in late February (hopefully after Carnival). The gross sewage issue on Melgar at port Langosta has been an ongoing issue. Hopefully they proceed in a rapid manner and don't block Melgar for the maximum interval. I have my doubts.

In November a sewer line also broke and flooded a little further north right around 3rd ave south. Related?

How does "accepted the penalties" work with "returned to North Carolina"?
I am sure he paid people who hindsight wish they knew who he was before setting the dollar amount.

I'm guessing a million pesos on his platinum amex card

It will be interesting to see how Mexico handles this and if they request extradition.

In November a sewer line also broke and flooded a little further north right around 3rd ave south. Related?
That's not a break. It is a backup from a plugged line. The sewer line was laid down over 40 years ago and is too small in most places now for the amount it needs to carry. When this line was made, there were less than 1/10th the number of restaurants and bars dumping into it than there are now. There is no penalty for bypassing a grease trap, so many just dump their waste into the sewer. It plugs up. The rain adds to the problem. It is not just on the malecon, it is a problem with the lines all over the city.

I remember when they laid those lines. The rock cutters made ten-foot-deep trenches in the middle of the streets, then they laid the sewer and water lines in the trench. When it rained, the trenches filled up with water, and drunks, motos, and cars were falling in, left and right. When they backfilled the trenches, the loose fill settled over the next few years, causing some of the asbestos/cement pipes to crack, mixing sewer water and drinking water together. That is still happening and is the reason why tap water is not safe to drink on the island, even though it is chlorinated before it enters the pipes.

That's not a break. It is a backup from a plugged line. The sewer line was laid down over 40 years ago and is too small in most places now for the amount it needs to carry. When this line was made, there were less than 1/10th the number of restaurants and bars dumping into it than there are now. There is no penalty for bypassing a grease trap, so many just dump their waste into the sewer. It plugs up. The rain adds to the problem. It is not just on the malecon, it is a problem with the lines all over the city.

I remember when they laid those lines. The rock cutters made ten-foot-deep trenches in the middle of the streets, then they laid the sewer and water lines in the trench. When it rained, the trenches filled up with water, and drunks, motos, and cars were falling in, left and right. When they backfilled the trenches, the loose fill settled over the next few years, causing some of the asbestos/cement pipes to crack, mixing sewer water and drinking water together. That is still happening and is the reason why tap water is not safe to drink on the island, even though it is chlorinated before it enters the pipes.
Adolfo Rosado Salas 1986

Attachments

• 00274_s_15amtug89k0274.jpg
    00274_s_15amtug89k0274.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 00276_s_15amtug89k0276.jpg
    00276_s_15amtug89k0276.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 33
That Kyle Busch thing is really hidden well - I seen the article and searched all over and found nothing and just assumed it was Mexican false news........

Funny how things are swept under the rug and hidden from view

That Kyle Busch thing is really hidden well - I seen the article and searched all over and found nothing and just assumed it was Mexican false news........

Funny how things are swept under the rug and hidden from view
His team is starting to capitalize on it, his fan base appreciates the gun aspect and the NRA appears to be one of his team owners main sponsors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom