Local dive conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrekdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't make it out to Dutch this weekend, but I did make it out Saturday and Sunday on the boat.

For those of you interested in some local dive conditons:

Saturday 10/25:

Larsen's Barge: depth 120', bottom temp was mid 50's and the surfaces was 59F. Visibility was close to 40'. One nice 5 lb bug, some scallops and a huge flounder came up.

Arundo: depth 130', bottom temp was mid 50's, surface was 59F. Visibility was once again close to 40'. A dozen or so bugs came up.

Sunday 10/26

Beth Dee Bob: depth 120', bottom temp 54F, surface still 59F. visibility was 30' or so, but less on the sand. Lots of nice mussels, a few scallops and 1 bug came up.

120 Wreck: depth 75', bottom temp was 57F, surface still 59F. Visibility was 25' or so. Many bugs were seen, but only a few were brought up (they don't refer to the 120 as "Heartbreak Hotel" for nothing). Several nice sea bass and a trigger fish speared.

Take care,
Brian

XJae once bubbled...
Any jeep parts still left at the Arundo?

Still plenty of jeep parts....

Still plenty of empty Canadien beer bottles.....

Great report- That's just the kind of stuff we want to see here. Water temps, vis, fun factor etc....

Scott

Yep! Very important to know the water temps! Its starting to get chilly again!

NJDiveGirl once bubbled...
Yep! Very important to know the water temps! Its starting to get chilly again!

Oh, c'mon....the water's not that bad....the air is colder than the water....and that's where the heated cabin come in....

I prefer to dive in September and October....all the weekend warriors are gone and you can actually get on some of the nicer wrecks...

ScottyK, I'll keep the reports coming as long I as keep making it out. I don't do Dutch for medical reason (nasty ear aches) so I'm out on the boat nearly every weekend....

Winter time I make it out once or twice a month...just enough to cure the itch to go diving....and to make everyone think I'm nuts....

Jeep parts???? Enlighten me.... I hear the J work and Im all ears then.

wrekdiver2 once bubbled...
Oh, c'mon....the water's not that bad....the air is colder than the water....and that's where the heated cabin come in....

I prefer to dive in September and October....all the weekend warriors are gone and you can actually get on some of the nicer wrecks....

I agree the water isnt bad but the air is. I'm such a wimp when it comes to being cold!!! How horrible is that?

I dont worry about weekend warriors as I live in the PP/Belmar area - A long ride to the boat is 10 minutes!

NJDiveGirl once bubbled...

I agree the water isnt bad but the air is. I'm such a wimp when it comes to being cold!!! How horrible is that?

I dont worry about weekend warriors as I live in the PP/Belmar area - A long ride to the boat is 10 minutes!

Air temp is supposed to be in the 70's for the next few days....

NO EXCUSES NOW!

I'm referring to the weekend warriors who are all out in their boats clogging up the local wrecks....not the ones clogging up the local roads....

Back
Top Bottom