Local deal, make an offer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

very tempting

To elaborate a bit on the capacity as stated above

these are LP (low pressure) 104 cubic feet @ 2640 PSI so 208 cubic feet of gas when filled to 2640 psi vs ~77.4 @ 3000 psi in an aluminum 80

a "typical" fill you will see for cave diving is 3600 psi which gives you about 283 cubic feet of gas in the cylinders. I can assure you these cylinders have not been abused as I knew the previous owner.

My own personal cylinders have however been "abused" and they keep ticking along just fine, my LP 108's have seen 4300 psi of 32% (not my standard practice mind you)

For anyone getting into technical diving that needs high gas capicity and the weight (no lead needed - at all) that some dives require such as cave diving, or staying down for 6 hours in clear springs, these could be your cheap gateway tanks. These cylinders are common in florida, and for those of you that have and do rent then you have dove cylinders just like these in florida before

I don't dive these, the owner doesn't dive at all, I want them out of my shed to make room for cylinders I DO use :D

How tall are the tanks, and are they 7 1/4" or 8" diameter?
I tried a set of Faber HP100 tanks a couple of weeks ago that I really liked. I'm wondering how these tanks compare to the Fabers.

What kind of diving are you wanting to get into?

With risk of being flamed -

I do not recommend these cylinders for women, I'm not saying you can't or women can't in general, here is a real world example

My wife is small, she dove LP 95's for the longest time and for the longest time I told her they were too big for her and I held my breath every time she got in and out of sinks/lakes etc. I could see in the water the fact they were way too big for her, she dove them just fine, good trim etc but the added drag and bulk compared to her was making things more diffucult then she realized.

I finally (after YEARS of nagging) talked her into LP 85's, she LOVES them, she can penetrate further on LP 85's than she could on her 95's just due to reduced drag and increased comfort in the water

So when I say I wouldn't recommend these for women I'm not saying your lesser or can't do what men can do, I'm just saying there are probably better ways for you, more gas isn't always the right answer

pm sent

Back
Top Bottom