Lobster spots in Key largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScotty561

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So i know most people have their secret spots that nobody wants to tell others about but I was wondering if there's any lobster spots I could reach off overseas highway cause whenever I'm in the keys there's always people with snorkels and diving off boats not too far away from the road so I'm guessing there must be something there. Appreciate any info.

I have the feling that you'd get better responses asking strangers to let you keep their children,or spouses, than to give you locations for lobster.

It takes intense resources to find good harvesting spots, many dives with no results, even when you pay a charter to take you lobstering you are not paying to get the locations, you only pay to harvest on that trip.

I seriously doubt you'll get any useful info... but who knows, stranger things have been posted.

The best place to find lobster in the keys is in the water. That's the only hint I'm giving;-)

The key to finding Lobsters is habitat. Go on you tube and look at some videos of people catching bugs. Note the cover there. Now go out there and look around for similar surroundings. Canals and seawalls can be very productive, just double check local regs in the area you are hunting. At night its a whole different game. If you have a vessel that drafts shallow, the bugs are out walking on the grass flats. Bully netting is the way to go.

The very best lobstering is on the 20 mile reef off of Port Canaveral.

[jedi voice] These aren't the lobsters you're looking for...[/jedi voice] :D :D :D

If you want to know how to find lobsters in south florida -- check out Chiefy's Book. "Catching the Bug" Tells where to find em and how to catch em! Should be able to find it in most LDS's around here.

The very best lobstering is on the 20 mile reef off of Port Canaveral.

We now have a few commercial lobster boats off Palm Beach County. They are doing very well. I'm sure they will find the reefs further north before too long.

If you see folks lobstering from the road, they are waiting for FWC to write them a ticket. You may not lobster within 300 feet of an improved seawall (that means bridge too) in unincorporated areas of Monroe County.

If you see folks lobstering from the road, they are waiting for FWC to write them a ticket. You may not lobster within 300 feet of an improved seawall (that means bridge too) in unincorporated areas of Monroe County.

In Islamorada and unincorporated areas of Monroe County this in in affect only during mini season and the first 5 days of the regular season.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom