Lobster season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vr24

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, first day, bagged 1 each... 2 total off johnson... but it's not that big a deal for me... How'd everyone else do? Gooch, how did that dive go today after we left?

I ended up at a spot looking for lobsters, ran accross quite possibly the BEST shore dive spear fishing I've ever seen, we ran into it at the end of the dive, but still managed a nice grouper and a nice jack....

Doing one more lobster dive in the morning, then heading back and doing 2 more dives with the spear.

May consider joining up for the night dive as well if I have the energy :)

Debbie, was that you out in the water at Johnson at 6:30AM before meeting up with Gooch?

On the first day Debby and I split our catches and we both got 4 each. So 8 bugs total from 3 dives all within about 12 hours. We each got a monster. I grilled up my big guy last night and it was goooooood.

Limited out in the Contents yesterday. Found an awesome little hole that no one had touched yet. Tons of very legal lobster around here. It's been a good mini-season.

Rachel

vr24:
Debby, was that you out in the water at Johnson at 6:30AM before meeting up with Gooch?

Aye yi yi no, I was sound asleep at 6:30! But we had a great dive a couple hours later, and another after lunch. Three beach dives in about 16 hours and today I'm beat...but not too beat to do it again tonight!

Like Gooch said, we did pretty good, and you know what, even if we hadn't caught any bugs, we did three terrific dives!

I was stuck at the dock on Wednesday, but splashed at 9:35 AM yesterday, and found six keepers in six different holes in 23 minutes flat... a personal best!

Unfortunately, Wednesday's mayhem left the reef littered with amputees. Please leave the little ones and expectant mothers alone. If you're not sure if a lobster is legal sized or tending eggs, just keep looking... there are plenty of keepers about!

KeyLargoBrent:
I was stuck at the dock on Wednesday, but splashed at 9:35 AM yesterday, and found six keepers in six different holes in 23 minutes flat... a personal best!

Unfortunately, Wednesday's mayhem left the reef littered with amputees. Please leave the little ones and expectant mothers alone. If you're not sure if a lobster is legal sized or tending eggs, just keep looking... there are plenty of keepers about!

Awesome buggin! I am very displeased that I am not down there with you to discuss this catch over a steaming pot, or better yet, try my hand at such rewarding hunting! :D

It's rather sad to hear of others damaging illegal take. It's a good way to ensure that lobstering will not be as good in the future.

Nice meeting you again, wonderful diving with your OPS, and the only thing that would have made it better would have been if you could have joined us UW (well 100' vis WOULD have been nice:lol: ). Hope to see you in Aug in CO!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom