LOB Raja Ampat Indonesia March 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out the Aryaduta ( Makassar).. great Brazilian BBQ night! Amazing food! Also.. we were on an Express air flight as well where the plane was so old it seemed like it was falling apart! They also charged a lot for excess weight! And.. the Paradise Dancer was amazing! I know the Damai2 is expensive but they have Made as a dive guide and he is awesome!! Have fun!

hehehe the stopover at Makassar sounds more of an adventure than the LOB...i love it! the stuff of rocking chair lore

Ive got this in fact - and its inspiring a trip there sometime via the hell that apparently is Sorong!

Sorong isn't a place to spend a holiday, but it is tolerable these days.

The city is certainly tolerable. In fact, I enjoyed my short visits to some shops and the walk around. The airport really isn't tolerable though - at least leaving town. Thankfully, that is after the diving and, while sucking in the hot, smoke filled air at the airport, you can just keep repeating to yourself the manta "but the diving was my best ever, the diving was my best ever....".

The city is certainly tolerable. In fact, I enjoyed my short visits to some shops and the walk around. The airport really isn't tolerable though - at least leaving town. Thankfully, that is after the diving and, while sucking in the hot, smoke filled air at the airport, you can just keep repeating to yourself the manta "but the diving was my best ever, the diving was my best ever....".

hey now there's a familiar nick.

yes sir, somehow, that 'kretek' smoke follows you everywhere at an indon airport! after a while i thought i had taken up smoking! i will keep that in mind when it becomes fog-like..."the diving was the best..." unquote.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom