Liveaboards with single cabins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every cabin is a single if you have fart a lot and snore.

Just saying (from experience).

Read now for quick trick for single room for half price!

1. Book double room with random roommate.
2. Transition to dairy and legume heavy diet.
3. Leave power cord for CPAP machine at home.
4. ….
5. Profit!

heh... never been on a LOB yet... I need the consequence spelled out for me please.

Does the roomie go sleep on top deck or something?

heh... never been on a LOB yet... I need the consequence spelled out for me please.

Does the roomie go sleep on top deck or something?
Actually, on Blackbeard's they suggested bringing ear plugs in case others near your berth were snorers.

As for the other issue, perhaps some Vicks VapoRub on your upper lip? :)

I pack ear plugs for berth mate but if they still can't handle my snoring I move above deck. I snore so bad even up there I attract whales.

I pack ear plugs for berth mate but if they still can't handle my snoring I move above deck. I snore so bad even up there I attract whales.

Bro.,

It can't be worse than my snoring. My neighbors in the building where I live run a generator at night to cancel my snoring sound. It is bad my brother.

Let me know when you are going to be on a liveaboard so I may join you if you don't mind please.

I love liveaboard diving but usually travel solo and I hate the idea of sharing a room. So far I've been lucky enough to pay a small single supplement (in the Red Sea) and lucked out in getting my own room (Turks and Caicos).

What liveaboards are out there that have single cabins (or very low single supplements)? So far I've come across Mermaid I in Indonesia and Bahamas Master. What other ones are out there?

Would you mind share with me the name of the Red Sea liveaboard which has small single supp. fee?
Thank you!

You're right. The Carpe Novo "single" stateroom can definitely hold two beds (instead of a queen) and you can house two divers easily. Putting 2 beds in a stateroom is the norm for dive boats since it maximizes profit and flexibility for the fleet. For example, in August I paid the single supplement on the Blue Manta and got a fantastic room. But it had two beds because it was a 2-person room that I (paid to) occupy by myself. As you can imagine, I never used the 2nd bed. A waste of space really. And there's a different feeling when comparing the rooms between Carpe Novo and Blue Manta. At least for me.

Given the choice, I totally prefer Carpe Novo's approach. For my single supplement I'd much rather have a room in a luxury setting (e.g. queen bed for myself with a spacious feeling) than paying for a 2-person room that looks like a two-person room.

Then are the other fleets that "really" maximize profit by creating "single" "cabins" that are converted gear lockers with beds that curve to follow the contour of the bow. But that's a totally different discussion.
We use the Novo for our trips and essentially they won't let you go over 22 people, so you can put 2 in those single rooms (we've done it before) but that just means another room on the boat will be less 1 person. I don't believe those single room beds split apart either. It's 20 ppl in shared rooms and then 2 in the single rooms for a max of 22. It's a great boat and a great trip. We go every year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom