Liveaboards Maldives Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brendanp

New
Reaction score
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me... we're going to the maldives on a liveaboard at the end of 2005. We're looking at different liveaboards, and we think that the Baani Explorer looks nicer than the Manthiri, but the Manthiri is $260 per day, whereas the Baani is $160 per day... can anyone help shed some light as to why there would be such a huge price difference? I'd appreciate advice, thanks. And if anyone has been on either the Baani or Manthiri, if you could tell of your experience,
Thanks!
Brendanp

Check out the MV Sea Queen and the MV Sea Spirit at www.scubascuba.com and take a look at the trip reports and customer comments section - they have a lot of repeat customers.
This should answer your question. Good luck and happy diving.

Brendanp:
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me... we're going to the maldives on a liveaboard at the end of 2005. We're looking at different liveaboards, and we think that the Baani Explorer looks nicer than the Manthiri, but the Manthiri is $260 per day, whereas the Baani is $160 per day... can anyone help shed some light as to why there would be such a huge price difference? I'd appreciate advice, thanks. And if anyone has been on either the Baani or Manthiri, if you could tell of your experience,
Thanks!
Brendanp
Hi, First of all welcome to Scubaboard.

You may not be aware that you posted this question in the Help Wanted forum which is for people looking for employment. A better place would probably have been the Asia forum.

Click on Search in the blue menubar at the top of this screen and type in Maldives Liveaboard, you'll get a lot of links to posts by people who've done a trip similar to yours and reviews of the various liveaboards in the area. I've read a couple good reviews of the Manthiri there.

One of the moderators of this site will probably move this topic to a more appropriate area in the future. But they'll leave a link to the new location for you to follow.

Steve

Brendanp, i've moved your thread here to help get answers.

welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom