Liveaboard pre-trip communications - Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe Burns

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be on the Baha Aggressor in a few weeks to Socorro (woo hoo!), and I have a few questions concerns about the Aggressor Fleet. I'm not sure what my expectations should be about pre-trip communication and customer service. My previous dive trips have always had such fantastic customer service in making booking and travel arrangements, and have always provided great detailed instructions and pre-trip communications.

With the Baha Agressor, I've had to call multiple times to even get a confirmation that they cashed my check, and now the trip is only a month away and we still don't have any information about how to get to the boat, what the transortation from the airport/hotels will be, and general information about diving conditions. We finally got an envelope in the mail directing us to their website to down load the "know before you go" information and the only information there is for their Guadeloupe itinerary (which leaves from San Diego, not Cabo!).

I know this is a new itinerary for their organization, and I can understand that they are still building experience for this trip... but am I out of line to think that the high price of a live aboard should pay for better customer service?

I guess the best answer I can hope for is that I'm crazy and just need to be patient because Aggressor is a quality organization and I'm going to have a blast... but I can't help but feel like the customer service needs to be better... Any one else have experience or insight into this one?

I'll be on the Baha Aggressor in a few weeks to Socorro (woo hoo!), and I have a few questions concerns about the Aggressor Fleet. I'm not sure what my expectations should be about pre-trip communication and customer service. My previous dive trips have always had such fantastic customer service in making booking and travel arrangements, and have always provided great detailed instructions and pre-trip communications.

With the Baha Agressor, I've had to call multiple times to even get a confirmation that they cashed my check, and now the trip is only a month away and we still don't have any information about how to get to the boat, what the transortation from the airport/hotels will be, and general information about diving conditions. We finally got an envelope in the mail directing us to their website to down load the "know before you go" information and the only information there is for their Guadeloupe itinerary (which leaves from San Diego, not Cabo!).

I know this is a new itinerary for their organization, and I can understand that they are still building experience for this trip... but am I out of line to think that the high price of a live aboard should pay for better customer service?

I guess the best answer I can hope for is that I'm crazy and just need to be patient because Aggressor is a quality organization and I'm going to have a blast... but I can't help but feel like the customer service needs to be better... Any one else have experience or insight into this one?

I know a website that can help...

Click Here

:shocked2:

I know a website that can help...

Click Here

:shocked2:

That's not fair. The OP knows how to e-mail Aggressor, and he knows how to call them. He's looking for personalized service because he paid the big bucks for a dive trip.

I'm thinking that the folks in the Aggressor office don't know much about the trip, therefore can't help you. I have no idea if they bought this boat (Baja Aggressor) or franchised it, but I've heard it's undergone some growing pains. As an early adopter, you may have to "pay" for those growing pains. No one may know currently where it may dock, as the local governments make it tough for the US based companies to get permits, dock space, etc. Mike Lever of the Nautilus Explorer has had to change docks in the middle of the charter before, and bus his clients to the boat 50 miles away form Los Cabos. Doing business in Mexico can be a challenge.....

That's not fair. The OP knows how to e-mail Aggressor, and he knows how to call them. He's looking for personalized service because he paid the big bucks for a dive trip.

Perhaps. But if I had questions about an upcoming trip on YOUR boat, I'd call YOU. I wouldn't post on here asking about the trip.

I guess I didn't read that the OP was bemoaning poor customer service but that he actually had a need for some information he hadn't gotten. If he just wants more feel-good contact from Aggressor that's a different kettle of fish.

Whenever I had any questions on any Aggressor trip I just emailed the office and had an answer with in 24 hours. Don't see why this would be different. As far as dive conditions go read any trip report from the Nautilus Explorer or Solamar V or go to the Nautilus Explorer website.

Perfectly reasonable expectations, Joe. Wookie is likely correct, however you paid grands for Aggressor to make this smooth for you the first time. We'd ding you if you complained later but hadn't checked. Only a persistent phone call to Aggressor will answer any questions.

Thanks - and yes RJP, I know how to contact the Aggressor offices. And have repeatedly.

My post here is to check to see if other's have had similar experiences and to see if I needed to adjust my expectations.

I'm not looking for "feel-good contact". There's just some basic information that I think we need that we are not getting. Like, what's happening when we get off the airplane? Are we looking for someone holding an Aggressor sign? Or do we need to look for a cab? You know... the basics.

I'll be on an aggressor boat (Palau) in Feb. They arranged my flight, hotel and a second week stay at the Sea Passion Hotel and diving with Sam's tours. I'd have to say my experience with tehm to this point has been pretty stinking great up to this point. Not sure why you are having your issues but either my experience or yours must be atypical.

anne@aggressor.com is their Reservations Center manager - and the president's wife.

Hey Joe, looks like we'll be diving together! It looks like someone saw your post and put up the know before you go document. :laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom