Liveaboard delays and unresponsive owner--what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what it's worth:
At least this German dislikes very much to read about another German's miserable, negligent and possibly worse business behavior like that. (not that the nationality makes a real difference, but it just sucks more when "your nationality" gets dragged through the mud by such practices ... of course I am just sitting here in Chicagoland awaiting my time to shovel 8 or 12 inches of snow in the morning before work, you guys are the ones that are affected by this....,
my sympathies and
I wish you and all your fellow divers all the best and that Livaboards will take care of you...
Whether obligated to or not, if the booking agents / agencies do not weed out these kind of operators (stuff happens, but notice just needs to be given when it can be given and honestly so), then we divers will have to find a way to do it... imho...

Haha! I have nothing against Germans was just pointing it out since someone had mentioned cultural differences and to me most Europeans would probably have a pretty similar idea of how businesses should run or handle this things to this American. We've done plenty of travel to more remote places and get that other cultures do things differently.

For what it's worth:
At least this German dislikes very much to read about another German's miserable, negligent and possibly worse business behavior like that. (not that the nationality makes a real difference, but it just sucks more when "your nationality" gets dragged through the mud by such practices ... of course I am just sitting here in Chicagoland awaiting my time to shovel 8 or 12 inches of snow in the morning before work, you guys are the ones that are affected by this....,
my sympathies and
I wish you and all your fellow divers all the best and that Livaboards will take care of you...
Whether obligated to or not, if the booking agents / agencies do not weed out these kind of operators (stuff happens, but notice just needs to be given when it can be given and honestly so), then we divers will have to find a way to do it... imho...

Partial update:

We did eventually board the boat with the other divers. We are still waiting on a promised partial refund for missed days and I'll post more info and review the company once that is done.

For anyone following this, we aren't thrilled with the resolution and many things with this company, Aladdin Dive Safari running the My Merit liveaboard.

Aside from their poor handling of communications when things went wrong and the operator lying to our faces about things, I was really disappointed in their disregard for safety by our dive guide and the upkeep of the rental equipment. I've done around 200 open water dives and maybe 100 closed water dives in recent years and I'd say this experience was at or near the bottom of the list for safety and attentiveness.

For anyone following this, we aren't thrilled with the resolution and many things with this company, Aladdin Dive Safari running the My Merit liveaboard.

Aside from their poor handling of communications when things went wrong and the operator lying to our faces about things, I was really disappointed in their disregard for safety by our dive guide and the upkeep of the rental equipment. I've done around 200 open water dives and maybe 100 closed water dives in recent years and I'd say this experience was at or near the bottom of the list for safety and attentiveness.

Your feedback is helpful for future divers wanting to book with this operator. can you please elaborate on the safety aspect and what they did or didn’t do? What about the rental equipment did you have issues with?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom