LIVE from Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously RTB Diver, it is not about...'Nuff said...

:no::no: Wrong again I never said I had all the facts but did say what I post is....

Hey, can we move on now? You two guys are both good sources of actual on the spot information from Roatan (versus the CNN photo op stuff)

What's happening "Live From Roatan" ? Back to the thread topic!

What's happening "Live From Roatan" ? Back to the thread topic!

Seas are calm on the southside, little wind. There is a record crop of sea grapes, was a good cashew and almond season but not so much for mangoes. I was told the Taxi drivers were on strike yesterday for Mel but I saw a few on my trip into Coxen hole so at least some didn't get the memo, lets see them strike on a cruise ship day instead of Sunday if they really mean it. Had a small boat run out of gas and drift by me house, fortunately they set anchor while they went for gas but they wedged it in the rock and gotta come back with a friend to dive for it.
Lots of people talking about the political stuff and ears to the radios or watching the news, Grocery stores are stocked as ever but unfortunately they all seem to be going american so prices are higher. The new eldons in FH is set up much like an American store and pretty well stocked, the new eldons in Coxen hole is still under construction.
The 100lb bag of "cheap" dog food is about $50 US. Public schools on Roatan are having some problems due to teachers striking. RECO has been on for more than 24 hours straight. And there are a lot of gheckos around that I dont mind, if they cold only learn to use a litter box.

Well thats all for now.

:lol: I saw a couple of cats chase a gecko around a room once on Oahu. :eek:

Left my canvas duffel bag out and open on night to dry my first trip there. Found iguana caca in it the next morning.

And just what does Iguana poop look like?

And just what does Iguana poop look like?
That was in 2001, but as I recall it looked like cow manure, vegetation based, just smaller. I presumed it was iguana, but I suppose it might have been some other animal?

:lol: I saw a couple of cats chase a gecko around a room once on Oahu. :eek:

Left my canvas duffel bag out and open on night to dry my first trip there. Found iguana caca in it the next morning.

we left our dive gear and our bags sitting out in the sun our last day in Cozumel one year (maybe 2003?) while we went to lunch, came back and started packing.... nice big scorpion in one bag! :shocked2: Don't know if he crawled in it outdoors or he had been living in it all week in our room closet. :shocked2:

we left our dive gear and our bags sitting out in the sun our last day in Cozumel one year (maybe 2003?) while we went to lunch, came back and started packing.... nice big scorpion in one bag! :shocked2: Don't know if he crawled in it outdoors or he had been living in it all week in our room closet. :shocked2:

And I had one of those HUGE Australian cockroaches hitch a ride all the way back from Cairns to our home in my suitcase.....EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! :doh2:

Maybe a New Mexican scorpion that had enjoyed its Old Mexico trip? I got stung by one of those in Kerrville TX once. O-M-G!

I apologize. How are things in Roatan? Does the Airport have AC today...?

Does the Airport have AC today...?

Why? What makes today different than any other day's answer?

Do you think they paid the electric bill?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom