Live-a-board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nauifins73

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm getting ready to go on the Cayman Aggressor and I was wondering if there is anything that is a must have when it comes to packing besides the equipment, swimsuits and sunscreen. Thanks for the info
nauifins

I don't know how the Agressors are set up but a good bet would be spares - fin strap, mask strap, mouth piece etc. You obviously don't want to be taking 2 of everything but the little things can extend your dive trip if things go wrong.

Make sure you let us know all about it when you get back - have fun!

Jonathan

Bring some music you'd like to share with others.

And if you have a video to share, and a book, bring them too.

Also, don't forget to pack a bunch of medicines for all those things that might go mildly wrong. You won't find a pharmacy or drug store...

One item that I would bring is a backup computer if possible. While I didn't have a problem on my last Aggressor trip, one of the other passengers did - I loaned her my spare which got her through the week.

Other than that and the other great suggestions you,ve received - and you're all set.

Bringing spare dive gear is good but space is extremely limited. These boats especially the Aggressor have extra dive gear on board and my experience is that if they do not let you have a mask strap or fins free the cost will be minor.

You will be wearing nothing more than a wetsuit and bathing suit all day, everyday. Change into a pair of shorts and tank top for dinner. Again, not much room. Don't bring hard sided suitcases. bags and dufle bags are great. The boat has to put them somewhere.

Something for seasickness, bonine, dramamine, generic brand, anything. We went on the Nekton Pilot (no-seasick boat) and our friend had to be airlifted off by the coast guard because of severe sea sickness. Even if you "never" get sick I think it's a good idea to take the meds as a preventive measure, you just never know and my friend has an $18,000 hospital bill to prove it! Can buy a LOT of Dramamine with that!

You don't need a lot of clothes, pack what you think you need then dump 3/4 of it. You really don't need a fresh shirt EVERY day, you won't be wearing it that much. Example, for a seven day trip I took 5 bikini's, clean undies for every day, 3 shirts, a pair of shorts and a skirt. Most of my time was spent in my bathing suit so I made sure I had a dry one to wear while on board and another one assigned to water duty every day.
Ber :bunny:

Besides the good suggestions already made, I would suggest a little travel kit with:

- some sort of sunburn cream with lidocaine in it like Solarcaine.
- analgesic (aspirin, tyllenol, ibuprofin... your preference)
- hydrocortisone cream (for any itchies/bites... yes you CAN get insect bites if you are close enough to land). Likewise an anti-histamine.
-immodium.
- long lasting decongestant (if you are prone to those kinds of problems).
- some bandaids & antibiotic cream.
- any personal medications you need.

Remember, you usually do not make landfall from the time you leave their home port until the time they come back to it, so make sure you have EVERYTHING you could need. Especially important is a cover-up, hat and sunglasses.

You might also want to consider a paperback.

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom