Little northwestern passing through...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are opening up the upper outside deck at the Cracked Conch right now on the live webcam, see the link below. The Macabuca Bar is closed right now but it's only 9:50 am in Cayman and you can't sell liquor on Sunday Mornings, so maybe it will open later.

Microseven IP Cameras
Just back from TR.. Full out clean up going on. Macabuca servers/ bartenders hard at work Ollen has compressor running... Everyone very upbeat..

I would have to guess they will have it repaired and be up and running relatively quickly.

Here is a detailed article with pictures and video of the storm and the damage. It show large piles of sargassum seaweed and wreckage that were dumped on George Town, but you have to admire those hard-working Caymanians! It's Christmas weekend and the winds and waves are still crashing, but local merchants and government employees are out working hard to clean everything up.

The article says said that Sunset House and Sunset Divers are working again but that small craft warnings and advisories are still in effect.

High seas batter Grand Cayman’s west coast | Cayman Compass

On our most recent trip in Oct, we had great dive at Maccabucca, Don Julio tequila promotion night and fantastic meal at Cracked Conch. I plan to make at least two trips to GC this year, and will definitely hoist a few at the rebuilt bar.

There has to be a sacrifice to the wave gods....any volunteers? I would, but I’m in NYC at the moment :troll:...any idea if Brac or LC is experiencing similar weather?

There has to be a sacrifice to the wave gods....any volunteers? I would, but I’m in NYC at the moment :troll:...any idea if Brac or LC is experiencing similar weather?

I posted questions on facebook and got responses very quickly from the 3 Clearly Cayman resorts, see below. It sounds like things are getting better but they are not yet diving Bloody Bay Wall on Little Cayman.

Cobalt Coast, Grand Cayman:

“Per Reef Divers: Rough seas on the North. Brought boats around to the west this morning. Calmest place on island for next couple of days, still a bit choppy. About 80-100 vis, 80 degrees, little current.

Stingray City most likely a no go this week due to North conditions. Will try get to Kittiwake at some stage but due to weather switching nothing is guaranteed this week.

Shore diving a definite no all week.”

Little Cayman Beach Resort:

“Seas have been rough, so we haven't been able to get north to dive Bloody Bay. But we are getting out to dive the south reefs.”

Cayman Brac Beach Resort:

“According to Reef Divers at Brac: There are rough seas so we can't get to the north side. It's improving on the south side, still a bit of surge on the shallow sites, but still choppy on the surface”

Here is a detailed article with pictures and video of the storm and the damage. It show large piles of sargassum seaweed and wreckage that were dumped on George Town, but you have to admire those hard-working Caymanians! It's Christmas weekend and the winds and waves are still crashing, but local merchants and government employees are out working hard to clean everything up.

The article says said that Sunset House and Sunset Divers are still working and that small craft warnings and advisories are still in effect.

High seas batter Grand Cayman’s west coast | Cayman Compass
Just watched the video on Cayman Compass... impressive waves but suprisingly it did not appear overly windy. Are the west bay docks damaged?

Just watched the video on Cayman Compass... impressive waves but suprisingly it did not appear overly windy. Are the west bay docks damaged?
That video showed pretty angry seas, but appeared to be taken after the worst of it had already hit!

... Are the west bay docks damaged?

I don't think so because Reef Divers at Cobalt Coast have moved their boats to the West side and they usually go out from the West Bay docks when there are heavy winds from the North.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom