Little Cayman Trip Report 1/4/08-1/11/08 Long

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks boss. Where would you recommend for Pacific?

If I could choose any place for you, since you've been to Palau, then a few remaining choices would be great.
1.PNG Walindi for land based or Star Dancer for liveaboard.
2. Diving around and above Lizard Island/northern Ribbons -Coral Sea Australia must do liveaboard
3. The Red Sea also would rival Palau.
4. Indonesia, eastern Papau
5. Maldives
6. Exmouth
7. I must be missing somewhere?
All these trips take so long to get to the destination, I have not done 4 & 5 or 6.
The Caribbean is so easy to get to and we enjoy it, it's just that once you've been in the Pacific you can't imagine how much more there is until you get there. I don't know who talked you into Palau, but places like that are an eye-opener, so many big and small things with coral species that out do the Caribbean.
For me, I'm lucky as my wife dives with me and will go anywhere, although she doesn't like to be on a plane for long rides so it limits going to places like Palau, maybe once every 5 years. If your wife doesn't dive, then you have to be a really good salesman to get her to let you dive at places like Palau,...good Job!:D

We dove at the Brac and Little Cayman last year, it was really good maybe the some of the best in the Caribbean, T&C is great too (but not the best ever when you see the Pacific).

Can you expand on the weight restrictions for the puddle jumper. I read that the weight limit was 55lbs, but what about carry on? My carry on has all of my camera equipment and while it is small, weighs a bit.

Can you expand on the weight restrictions for the puddle jumper. I read that the weight limit was 55lbs, but what about carry on? My carry on has all of my camera equipment and while it is small, weighs a bit.

Two bags total 55 lbs and one carry on at 15 lbs. Not good. That is why I'm leaving my UW camera at home

We're usually over especially due to camera gear - not a good enough reason to leave your camera at home - shame not to have it there if you want it. You'll get your luggage, next available flight if yours is full. They seem to be good about keeping track of delayed bags and I haven't heard of things getting lost or stolen. You may just pay for the weight, or not, depending on their mood. We've paid sometimes on the way back but never on the way there.

Two bags total 55 lbs and one carry on at 15 lbs. Not good. That is why I'm leaving my UW camera at home

On LC you will pay $5(US) for a beer. Assuming your camera weighs 10 lbs. you will pay 2 beers to take it along. Most people will get infinitely more pleasure from the photos they bring back than from said beers. Take the camera.

On LC you will pay $5(US) for a beer. Assuming your camera weighs 10 lbs. you will pay 2 beers to take it along. Most people will get infinitely more pleasure from the photos they bring back than from said beers. Take the camera.

Definitely depends on what kind of beer and who is sitting next to me while I'm drinking it!

I hear ya. I'm taking the camera but not the uw housing, extra batteries and charger. Just going to take aw shots and not fuss. Trying to keep it simple.

We're usually over especially due to camera gear - not a good enough reason to leave your camera at home - shame not to have it there if you want it. You'll get your luggage, next available flight if yours is full. They seem to be good about keeping track of delayed bags and I haven't heard of things getting lost or stolen. You may just pay for the weight, or not, depending on their mood. We've paid sometimes on the way back but never on the way there.

There are times I just like to dive and not worry about getting a shot. After a while it all starts to look alike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom