Little Cayman Really Is This Stunning...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really great shots; love the work with the 8mm fisheye; which lens is that?

That's the Panasonic 8mm fisheye on a Omd Em1ii body. I would have bought the Olympus 8mm 1.8, but that lens wasn't out when I put this kit together. I love the little panasonic but it's taken me a lot of practice to light it properly. And I still have a very low keeper ratio with it. At least it's easy to focus :)

Your photos are amazing, congratulations!

Quick question, did LCBR charge extra for the 2-tank trip over to Brac? If yes, how much?

For 2019 the Clearly Cayman resorts are advertising no extra charges for trips to Bloody Bay Wall from Cayman Brac, to the Tibbetts from Little Cayman, or to the Kittiwake and Stingray City from Cobalt Coast; but I was wondering if that has already started or if it doesn't go into effect until next year.

Thanks! For us the trip to Brac was optional and cost $35 per person. There was a sign up sheet in the dive shop and it filled up quickly. Totally worth it, imo. The variety is nice. I have booked a week for our group in 2019 on Brac and the information they sent me does indicate that a day on little cayman is included with the package for that reservation. So that does seem to be the direction they're headed. The only other addtl charges were the night dives (2 offered, $60 each) and nitrox (roughly $10/tank, but discounted if in a group and they all use it)

That's the Panasonic 8mm fisheye on a Omd Em1ii body...At least it's easy to focus :)

Thanks! I understand the challenge of lighting any fisheye lens. I'm going to try out two new Bigblue 15K video lights that advertise 160 degree beam angle (each) next Monday.

Very nice pictures !!

Have only seen 1 slipper lobster in Cayman it was at Eden Rock in a swim through and it was the bland type not like yours with the stunning colors

... but it's taken me a lot of practice to light it properly...
You really got the F-stop and ISO balanced out to bring in a very clear background,,,,Great quality pictures !!!

Really nice photos, glad you had a great trip and to hear how that resort went over-the-top on service to get you guys taken care of. Feels good to book with people who earn a rep. like that.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom