Little Cayman Really Is This Stunning...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmorescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just finished the photo gallery from my trip to Little Cayman in May, 2018. This was the largest group I've ever taken anywhere - 24 people in total. This meant we had to occupy more than 1 boat, since 20 guests is the max per boat. There's no need to write another review of Little Cayman Beach Resort, but suffice to say I think they're top notch. An example - near the end of our week, we started hearing rumors that Cayman Airways prop planes were having issues. By Friday afternoon, it became apparent that multiple prop planes were out of service and there would be significant flight delays on Saturday. Cayman Airways was very little help and guests were getting quite nervous. LCBR liaised with Cayman Air, arranged for us all to get on an early jet out of Brac, emptied out 2 of their dive boats, and ferried all the guests and luggage over to Brac at 7am on Saturday. I was up at 5am that day to make sure everyone got on board, and I saw the general manger of the entire resort loading luggage onto the dive boats. Now that's service! No one missed their Grand flights, all because LCBR took care of us.

The diving during the week ranged from spectacular to awesome :) One of our guests was lamenting the lack of Elkhorn coral, so when we did the day trip to Brac to dive the Tibbetts wreck, they specifically chose a second site with some healthy stands of Elkhorn. Amazing. I would encourage anyone who wants to practice wide angle photography to book a week in Little Cayman. The conditions are so good that all of the theory about strobe placement, altering shutter speed to control background exposure, shooting up, sunballs, etc. really starts to make sense in a practical way.

Here's the full gallery:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskAp4Jtn

And some samples:

28143414287_de512dd9ba_z.jpg
29139949568_2d8825a8b3_z.jpg
29139954298_26decc763a_z.jpg
41202087380_c6a3f44c3e_z.jpg
42110244705_ef8d1924f2_z.jpg
43011915201_71589763fc_z.jpg
43011953831_e114104e99_z.jpg

43011904911_4ebb24b058_z.jpg

43011918381_5c7e4bc727_z.jpg

Sculptured Slipper Lobster

Thanks,

I have never seen that before, really nice pictures.

We first saw a slipper lobster in the Bahamas and had no idea what it was until we finally saw one in an Aquarium years later.

@bmorescuba these are fabulous pictures, wow!

Really great shots; love the work with the 8mm fisheye; which lens is that?

Just finished the photo gallery from my trip to Little Cayman in May, 2018. This was the largest group I've ever taken anywhere - 24 people in total...

Your photos are amazing, congratulations!

Quick question, did LCBR charge extra for the 2-tank trip over to Brac? If yes, how much?

For 2019 the Clearly Cayman resorts are advertising no extra charges for trips to Bloody Bay Wall from Cayman Brac, to the Tibbetts from Little Cayman, or to the Kittiwake and Stingray City from Cobalt Coast; but I was wondering if that has already started or if it doesn't go into effect until next year.

Back
Top Bottom