Little Cayman or Grand Turk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you give some examples of what has happened with Cayman Airlines? thanks!

Little Cayman and the Little Cayman Beach Resort. The wall diving is spectacular with drops down to the deep blue abyss. Little Cayman Beach Resort is classic dive hotel with everything you need for a great time. White sand beaches and stars at night can’t be beat.

LCBR is actually sold out that week, but they offered The Club at Little Cayman to us. Still waiting for rates. It has full kitchens and we can choose to eat or not to eat at resort. Does anyone thing 20 people on a boat is a lot?? Maybe that's just me. Been spoiled by a few outfits in different places that have 6-8 people:)
I just returned from LCBR and although my reply may be outdated, perhaps others may find it useful. My two friends and I stayed at the Club at Little Cayman for the same reason - the LCBR rooms are typically reserved a year out. I once got a room on standby but that left only one month to get airline tickets. We loved the Club at Little Cayman! it was roomy, with three bedrooms and each had its own bathroom. Our living room opened to the ocean and beach. More quiet there too. It's a 3-5 minute walk to the resort. Nice kitchen but definitely your best bet is to buy the LCBR breakfast, lunch and dinner option and just eat there. There is only one small store nearby and it is expensive. You'll also be hauling your food on a bike in the scalding sun. LCBR's meal options offer something for just about every kind of taste. We averaged 16 people on our boat although they still can add 20 or more. It's a lot of divers in the water and it takes almost 10 minutes to get everyone in the water because of the 'valet' service can only gear-up three people at a time. They provide awesome dive drawings and profile descriptions and allow you to dive your own profile, which several experienced divers did. So depends if you need a DM to keep guide you and keep you from getting lost. Several of the dives are like coral mazes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom