Little Cayman or Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

His opinion is hearsay as well. I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just saying that if someone has no personal experience with a place, it's impossible to be able to render an accurate comparison.

So you can not form an opinion about any location unless you have been there? Even if you talked to people who lived there or who have been there multiple times? Even if you have read dozens of trip reports about the place and watched travel videos from friends who visited there? Seems like a pretty high standard of evidence for internet message board discussions. I think you are being a bit militant about things...it isn't "impossible to render an accurate comparison" at all. It can be quite easy really. Of course it is important to be honest about the source of your information, so that somebody reading any comparison you make understands your experience (or lack thereof). But there are dozens of potential sources of information about travel destinations that can allow somebody to compare the relative merits of a location without needing to travel there before making the comparison.

In any case, I think we have hijacked this thread enough...I didn't say anything that others hadn't already said in my original post and was really only adding my voice to those who had already spoken about the relative merits and making a few dive site recommendations. Sorry if my information sources didn't please the court enough to grant me standing before the crown.

I can understand both sides of the equation - I am a research guru and as such I like to hear all opinions regardless if it is hearsay or not, but will give higher precedence to someone who has experienced whatever the debate in question is personally - I am happy with the decision that we have made for LCBR and Thanks again for all of the input .... Maybe Bonaire next year! Brian

Also been to both several times Bonaire 7. Little Cayman 3 . Love Little Cayman, for all the reasons previously expressed. Bonaire is where we've gone repeatedly because we tend to go with groups that like nice easy diving with recently certified or refresher divers and it doesn't get easier and less intimidating than Bonaire. Step off a dock and you're an easy swim to a nice reef, can work on getting that basic skills honed and see pretty fish. There is something of a night life and good restaurants and some infrastructure for bubble watchers. If it were just me and my wife? Little Cayman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom