Little Cayman guidance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm always a bit disappointed when the north wall is not an option. I like Bloody Bay but prefer Jackson's Bight.
The south is OK but in my experience, always seems less "fishy" than the dives on the north side.

...Kathy,
The last I heard, the new lobby (old Mermaids) and dining room were scheduled to be open early Dec. Have you heard anything lately?

I posted the question on facebook and got this response from LCBR:

"Lobby has been done and open for more than a month. There are a couple of photos on our Facebook page of it. New dining room scheduled to reopen in February. In the meantime we are using the conference room for meals. Photos when we reopen it."

I went with a group to LCBR in March, and did a video of the trip. There's quite a bit of footage of the resort in it. (Pardon some of the exposure-challenged underwater photos...)

Fingers crossed that this link works:

11 days to go.... 2nd trip for us to LCBR, last time was New Year 2016 holiday.
Last time we were here roughed it the first two nights at Sunset since LCBR was fully booked, not looking to repeat that idea.

Think we had some pretty productive dives last time -- 20 dives on the last trip to LC.

Since alcohol is a bit expensive think we will pack 4 bottles of champagne for NY week and maybe something else.
Understand we are allowed to bring in 4 Liters per person of wine/sparkling wine or 1 bottle hard stuff p.p. :)

Hopefully the wi-fi will have a bit better reception on the oceanfront rooms on this trip :)

Just wrapped up some diving in Cozumel in October at the Intercontinental house dive ship and my wife is looking forward to the valet arrangement at LCBR.
Once you experience the "best" you get a bit spoiled.

Looking forward to a relaxing 8 nights and not the crazy resort we were at for last New Years :)

One of the few places I have been where the buffet was any decent...

Attachments

• IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 50
Definitely a lot less crowded than Aruba over New Years... Not too mention much better diving/viz.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01681.JPG
    DSC01681.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 53

Back
Top Bottom