Little Cayman / Brac / or Grand Turk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tafkasnyc

Registered
Reaction score
Have the chance to get away for New Years and wonder which might offer better living coral and wildlife cover. PADI Divemaster but never been to either of these islands. Done Saba, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, and can get *reasonable* air to both Provo (although I would likely think I want to continue to Grand Turk where I made my very first dive; irresponsibly, about 20 years ago) and to Little Cayman or Brac. Would rather stay in one place. Not a snob at all but I wholesale dive travel and have been all over the Pacific in the last year but would rather have a root canal and chew tinfoil than sit on Air New Zealand over the holidays for more than 12-14 seconds.

I dont even trust my own instructors, but I trust the opinions of you guys here :)

I have recently been to both Little Cayman (LCBR) and Grand Turk (Osprey/Blue Water) and they are both high on my list for a return visit. I'm actually planning Cayman Brac for my next trip. So, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. Some of the best diving in the Caribbean IMHO. I'm not sure how the time of year effects conditions. I have only been in the summer. I would think Grand Turk might be cold since as it is in the Atlantic, but I have no experience to say.

I have been to Little Cayman Beach Resort twice. I have liked it very much. It is a good operator, the food is good, the diving is very good. There are quite a few fish. Now if you like topside activities, Little Cayman is not exactly the place to go. But the diving and the resort are quite nice.

I have been to Salt Cay in the Turks and Caicos. My wife has dove Grand Turk and she likes it very much. I think there is more fishing pressure on Salt Cay. I did not see that many grouper in Salt Cay (the island down from Grand Turk). Also the turtles saw divers and generally took off like scalded cats. Little Cayman has quite a few grouper and turtles.

WOW!
Very nice video!
What camera setup are you using? I want...I want....

Thanks Terry!

I have a Sony CX520 camcorder and a 2009 model Light & Motion Stingray + housing with "one push" MWB. I love this set-up and hope to use it for years to come.

I agree, BDSC, that is an outstanding dive video with excellent clarity, color and visibility! Does "light and motion" mean that the camera/housing has some sort of strobe? And does "one push" MWB mean that a simple push of a button/control automatically adjusts WB?

I am forwarding your link to my dive buddies, that really is one of the best quality us videos I have ever seen. Is it also posted on youtube? By the way, great choice of music, too :)>)

Thanks, alashas http://www.honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

Back
Top Bottom