Grand Cayman Dive Charters that go to the Tibbetts Wreck on Cayman Brac and also to LC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gamon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone familiar with Grand Cayman know if I can catch a boat over to Cayman Brac to dive the MV Captain Tibbetts wreck?

And I'd also like to get over to Little Cayman and dive one site in particular known as Cumbers Caves. Been there once, would like to do it again.

Going to GC for a week in June.

Ha, maybe the Cayman Aggressor. It is about 82 miles from Grand Cayman to Little Cayman and about 98 miles to Cayman Brac. Operators, at least Reef Divers, do go back and forth between Little Cayman and Cayman Brac, conditions allowing. Land based operations on Little Cayman and Cayman Brac are great.

On a positive note, you will not have to worry about spearfishing.

Agree - too far for a day boat. 82 to LC and almost 100 to brac. Ive stayed land based on brac... you'll need to take a good book or plan on the aggressor.

Too far, got it.

I was at LC once and we went over to CB but I understand that's about as far as the commuting is going to get unless it's a liveaboard.

Thanks.

When conditions are perfect, weather/seas/divers, Ocean Frontiers will offer a rare trip to Bloody Bay Wall.

When conditions are perfect, weather/seas/divers, Ocean Frontiers will offer a rare trip to Bloody Bay Wall.

Thanks @uncfnp

Wow, I have been to OF twice, but not since this trip was recently added with their newer boats. I wonder what it costs, was not able to find that. Of course, you would not be able to plan doing this trip ahead of time.

It’s too long of an open water crossing for any dive op to do this regularly in their boats. Even the much larger Aggressor liveaboard doesn’t always make the crossing because sometimes it’s just too snarky. I was actually surprised when I saw Ocean Frontiers was doing it at all just because of the length of the trip. (They actually did it like the week before we were there last fall.)

So this trip checking with OF is probably your only option. I haven’t heard of others doing it, and it is a bit shorter trip from the east end than it would be for ops from the west end. I don’t know what the odds are, but at least better in June than in January. (I also don’t know if it’s a trip that where they might fill the boat with customers already staying and diving with them. Never mind getting to pick a dive site.)

You probably need to plan another trip. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom