Little Cayman Beach Resort vs. Pirates Point Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In our experience, LCBR is great about comping gear if your bags arrive the next morning. We haven't missed any dives and our bags are there when we return from the first morning two-tank. We've had it happen a couple of times over the years, so it is a possibility. Definitely a good idea to put your DC and prescription mask (if you have one; we're old so we do :)) in your carry-on. We usually go in the summer so we rarely wear wetsuits, but we do put a couple of skins in our carry-ons as well.

True, during our last trip to LCBR a suitcase with most of our clothes was delayed by a day but I had swimsuits, undies and other essentials - like contact lenses, medications, and C-cards - in my purse, and the resort staff kindly laundered our outer clothing for free so we were fine.

Another couple had the bag with their gear delayed and the dive shop loaned them gear for the first day of diving. Everything showed up the next day. I don't think it happens often but it does happen occasionally.

That's why I always carry on my mask, Rx mask and a bathing suit. If your gear is a day late, no big deal. Reef divers has been good about lending fins, BC, reg and computer. The only real downside to bags arriving late is having to make a decision as to wearing a rental wetsuit vs going cold. I'd personally rather dive cold.

We typically carry on our regs, masks, camera body/lenses, and rash guard/swimsuits. When United lost our bag for 3 days on the way to GC a couple years ago, LCBR gave us free rentals of BCs and fins until our gear got there. Luckily the camera housing was in the bag that made it.

We tried to pack and ship a bag back a day early as usual during our recent trip to CBBR and they told us that the airport isn't doing that anymore. It's too bad because it was convenient.
That's interesting. We never volunteered, it was always something they requested because they said they wouldn't have room for all the luggage on the full flight. I wonder what has changed that they don't have that problem anymore, don't think the planes have gotten bigger...?

It was probably when they were flying a significant number of folks from Brac to GC on Twin Otters. I think the Saab can carry more baggage. They were still asking you to do it for early morning flights on the LC to GC flights as of August 2018.

That's interesting. We never volunteered, it was always something they requested because they said they wouldn't have room for all the luggage on the full flight. I wonder what has changed that they don't have that problem anymore, don't think the planes have gotten bigger...?

I don't know if they still offer that option on LC, we were on Brac when we were told that it is no longer available - and Brac does receive larger and more frequent flights - so maybe they just don't think it is worth their effort?

When we were on LC last summer we were asked to pack up a suitcase the day before departure. We left it at our door at LCBR at 3 PM and it was waiting in the baggage area in GC airport when we arrived the next day. Have done this several times from LC without a lost or delayed bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom