Little $$$, BIG diving need!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The thing with Bonaire Cozumel and even Belize is that the air fare is too much. We are looking for an extended weekend trip. I guess Bahamas/FLorida would be ideal. But if I pay $500 to fly somewhere I am staying at least a week. And right now we don't have the money or the week to spend.

My 2cents and MHO, you cannot beat the quality of diving in North & South Carolina, Great wrecks, warm gulf stream diving, great viz.
Till' you figure the travel time to the islands-drive to airport, wait for plane,customs, taxi.... You could drive to NC in about the same amount of time.(if you drive like me)
Plus you can haul and use your own gear!.
I'd agree that if your going to the islands you need a week, and you cant even dive the last day your there due to flying.
If that doesn't work out join us in jersey http://www.scubaboard.com/t89258-dual-trains-wreck-dive-april-9-on-venture-iii.html

I thought you got a drysuit last season why do you need to go anywhere? Then again all this damn snow and ice is getting really old.

If only I was in Saba...ahhhhhhhhhh...Saba.

[I was wondering if anyone has any advice for an inexpensive trip south from the New York area. Perhaps anyone know of an airline locally that does quick trips down for cheap??

try a blackbeard cruise. it's close, cheap and the diving isn't bad either. airfare to miami can be had dirt cheap and you can get a lot of decent dives in.that type of liveaboard might not be your cup of tea,but it meets some of your needs(fast and cheap) check it out it can't hurt.

check out cheap air to West Palm, Ft Lauderdale, or Miami. There are great diving spots close to each of these airports: W. Palm, Boyntan Beach, Del Ray , Ft Lauderdale, Miami....
And: Key Largo is abt 2 1/2 hr drive from W. Palm, 1 3/4 hr from Lauderdale, and abt 1 hr from Miami.

Thanks for everyone's advice!!! The Blackbeard Cruises sounds great but we have a couple of non-divers going now and they do not offer a non-diver price. I think we actually managed to put together a pretty good package for Nassau so I think we will end up going there. If anyone else wants to join us, you're totally welcome to, I think it will end up costing about $600 for airfare, hotel, and diving for 5 days, 4 nights (3 days of diving). Not bad, I think!!

Thanks again for all the info!! Oh no, will that part up above seem like I'm selling something and get moved!!?? hehe... well at least some of you know me...

Oh yeah, yes Grunz, I DID get a dry suit last year but it is currently away getting fixed for a bad leak (go figure...) and I am hence also missing our ice dive trip this weekend. BBLLAAHH!!

divinglife:
Oh yeah, yes Grunz, I DID get a dry suit last year but it is currently away getting fixed for a bad leak (go figure...) and I am hence also missing our ice dive trip this weekend. BBLLAAHH!!
That stinks!!! Which suit did you get? Hopefully you'll have it back before the season kicks in.

You can do Key Largo for about $200 airfare + $90/night for a room + dives. Car rentals are about $25 - $50 depending on how cool a car you want.

Terry

divinglife:
Hey guys, I need a vacation as do some friends of mine. We found a great airfare deal with JetBlue to northern Dom. Rep. which after a little investigating is apparently really really BAD diving.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice for an inexpensive trip south from the New York area. Perhaps anyone know of an airline locally that does quick trips down for cheap??

Luxury is not needed as we are very tight on cash but have a GIANT diving need. We are all pretty experienced divers. Any help would be MUCH MUCH appreciated!!!!!!!

See you all at BTS!!

hehe... yeah, it does stink! Although I have to say, I am kinda hoping to be in a tropical country before the season starts. Beneath the Sea was total networking for me, trying to find a job in the tropics. I love the local wreck diving, but you just can't make a scuba living up here. So, if all goes well, I will be off to the sun and beach in the next couple of months.
My suit was a Bare but I wore it pretty well last season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom