Liquivision Xeo,Xen Screen Fading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

petkozaric

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

After few years of using liquivsion dive Computer and bottom time XEO and XEN I noticed that the screens start to fade! It is almost impossible to see parameters on shallow water, as my friends would say you have a perfect computer/BT for cave diving.

Is anyone aware of this problem Liquivision Dive Computers/BT?

It is a common property/problem of OLED screens. After hours of burning time the pixels loose strength. Saw the same with my buddy's XEN and my own xDeep Black. You should contact Liquivision, the screen of my buddy's computer was replaced at no cost.

It is a common property/problem of OLED screens. After hours of burning time the pixels loose strength. Saw the same with my buddy's XEN and my own xDeep Black. You should contact Liquivision, the screen of my buddy's computer was replaced at no cost.
Just to expand slightly, this fading is characteristic of the passive matrix OLED screens of some years back. The active matrix- AMOLED- screens that the earlier generations of Atomic Cobalt, Shearwater, and others used have not suffered from this fading. And it's also not an issue for the TFT displays that have been used in most color computers since the AMOLED displays became unavailable (to smaller markets, anyway) several years ago. PMOLED screens are typically smaller and lower resolution than AMOLED. There's a big difference between the two OLED technologies.

-Ron

Thx for answer.

Do We know which display is installed in XDEEP Black dive computer and does it suffer from same problem like XEO?

I have a Kaon and the screen started fading after 196 dives over a year and a half. I contacted LV and they replaced it without any questions or charges. 3 week turnaround. Great experience and I hope they fixed the fading issue, if not, i will be going to a SW. Anyone experiencing even the slightest fading or burn in issues, i highly recommend sending it in now. With the sell out of LV to Huish, who knows if they will shut down manufacturing LV computers... hope this helps

Hi! They did not replace my Xen, though it has only 104 logged dives. I can compare with my Vyper from around 2000, still ticking very good (1000+ dives).
I got this reply from Huish after contacting Liquivision on the webb:

”Thank you for your inquiry. As stated in our warranty agreement, it is possible for the OLED displays to fade over time, however it is not covered by the warranty. If the unit was purchased in 2013, it would be beyond the two year warranty at this point in time as well. I appreciate your information, but based on that, we would not be able to offer a replacement.

Liquivision has since ceased to produce the computers for about 2 years not as well, so we no longer have stock of the computers.”

Same problem here. I put mine on my DPV and can only see it at depth. On the surface, almost impossible.

I have 2 Kaon's with same issue- contacted Huish Outdoor - instructed to send photos and basic reply was - your screwed, nothing can be done. This is a reason that myself and all my friends have switch to Shearwater Perdix AI computer-simply the best rec/tech computer made with awesome customer support.

Seems we following same path. I was also instructed to send pictures, and that gave no result. So I bought Perdix. I hope it will last more then 100 dives. The sort of reply I received from Huish would not be possible from companies in the diving industry in my part of the world. We have some notable in Sweden and Finland.

Seems we following same path. I was also instructed to send pictures, and that gave no result. So I bought Perdix. I hope it will last more then 100 dives. The sort of reply I received from Huish would not be possible from companies in the diving industry in my part of the world. We have some notable in Sweden and Finland.
great choice going with Perdix- if you check old Shearwater computers such as Petrol as still keeping their value. I dive with 2 Perdix computers- one A1 and other AI as backup and compass -love them and having all info including you SAC rate on one screen is awesome..

Back
Top Bottom