Liquivision not selling computers anymore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I decided to ditch the Liquivision opportunity even for the door crashing deal. I certainly don't want to crash land making a choice buying the Liquivision Lynx given its spotty track record and other issues .. and with all the enormous advice I have been getting consistently from nearly everyone I speak with I am going for a Shearwater Perdix AI in the end. (ugh when I can afford to fork out 1520$ for one before I go for my Divemaster course in Cozumel in May)

I guess I should thank you all for your inputs and the various multiple threads here that helped frame my final decision. I guess Liquivision can kiss good night.. too bad because the Lynx honestly looked like a really nice piece of hardware that just never really got its act together as tight as it should have been (or could have been)

I decided to ditch the Liquivision opportunity even for the door crashing deal. I certainly don't want to crash land making a choice buying the Liquivision Lynx given its spotty track record and other issues .. and with all the enormous advice I have been getting consistently from nearly everyone I speak with I am going for a Shearwater Perdix AI in the end. (ugh when I can afford to fork out 1520$ for one before I go for my Divemaster course in Cozumel in May)

I guess I should thank you all for your inputs and the various multiple threads here that helped frame my final decision. I guess Liquivision can kiss good night.. too bad because the Lynx honestly looked like a really nice piece of hardware that just never really got its act together as tight as it should have been (or could have been)

I love my Lynx and have been diving it a few years. I actually have had good customer service experiences with Liquivision. However all things considered, today I would also buy the Shearwater Perdix AI. If Huish incorporates the Lynx's sonic air integration into a new cutting edge computer in the future I would be excited to check it out. It is really nice to read your buddies air pressure from a distance.

Perhaps this is not a bad thing, maybe they'll come up with a really great computer.
I'm guessing the new really great computer will be the Atomic wrist mounted computer, using Liquivision transmitter technology.

I'm guessing the new really great computer will be the Atomic wrist mounted computer, using Liquivision transmitter technology.
Personally, I would prefer a computer running Buhlmann with GFs to a computer running a proprietary RGBM decompression algorithm. I was hoping a new Liquivision computer would run Bulhmann with custom GFs rather than just the fixed presets on the Lynx.

Personally, I would prefer a computer running Buhlmann with GFs

Like my Perdix AI?

I mentioned the new Liquivision being the Atomic Wrist mounted computer because on the Atomic forum, the yet to be delivered wrist mount computer is said to be able to receive buddy air signals from over 250 feet. It seems to me that Atomic is implementing the transmitter technology used in the Liquivision computers. Mind you, this is just speculation on my part. I could be way off base here.

We would like to inform you that the Liquivision Enlightened series, consisting of the Xen, Xeo, Kaon and Lynx is no longer being offered as of January 1, 2017 due to component availability. - See more at: http://www.liquivision.com/en-us/blog/2015/2/eol-letter#sthash.vxJlfNPI.55LVNXlt.dpuf

The team at Liquivision will continue to develop innovative new solutions within the Huish Outdoors group of brands, so stay tuned for exciting instrument advancements in 2017 and beyond. - See more at: http://www.liquivision.com/en-us/blog/2015/2/eol-letter#sthash.vxJlfNPI.dpuf

Huish also owns Atomic. Conversely they're distributing Suunto now in the US - so who knows.

My guess is all effort is going into the more popular Atomic Line. Cobalt wrist and possibly more.

My dive buddy and I bought the package with 5 transmitters and locator. Lots of "wow" factor and the location system is relatively accurate, but...
Battery life is short. you'll need extra rechargeable batteries and a charger if you plan to do successive dives.
When in "divemaster' mode, letters and numbers are very small.
"Tap" interface takes some getting used to.
Biggest drawback...display is not sufficiently bright in sunny conditions. Night, cave, wreck diving it might be fine, but it is totally unuseable for reef diving in sunny conditions.
Going to the Carribbean? Do what we had to do...get a Suunto.

My dive buddy and I bought the package with 5 transmitters and locator. Lots of "wow" factor and the location system is relatively accurate, but...
Battery life is short. you'll need extra rechargeable batteries and a charger if you plan to do successive dives.
When in "divemaster' mode, letters and numbers are very small.
"Tap" interface takes some getting used to.
Biggest drawback...display is not sufficiently bright in sunny conditions. Night, cave, wreck diving it might be fine, but it is totally unuseable for reef diving in sunny conditions.
Going to the Carribbean? Do what we had to do...get a Suunto.
In my personal experience, the Perdix also works fine in the Caribbean - even when it is sunny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom