Liquivision not selling computers anymore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just read they are out of the market selling new computers. They took them down from their website as well. Guess the whole Omnix was a bust...

Who knows? Huish Outdoors owns Bare, Liquivision, Zeagle, Atomic Aquatics, Stahlsac, Sharkskin, and distributes Suunto. Though I find it hard to believe they are out of business, time will tell. The Omnix was announced 14 or more months ago. Liquivision moved in with Bare on Dec 7.

Communication is very poor on the subject, they basically responded to someone who posted a Facebook message telling them their site lacked their computers. They claim to have informed their distribution network. Warranty is still covered though.

Links:
We recently decided to stop producing Liquivision computers because of component availability no longer made it viable for us to build these instruments. We decided to pull back manufacturing so we could focus on finding and developing a computer than can embrace and utilize all the technology Liquivision has to offer. In the meantime we still offer support for the product line and service is still available.​
Followups:
We will continue with all warranty servicing as per usual and are carrying all accessories. If you have any specific questions, feel free to message our team directly at info@liquivision.com
We are by no means out of business. We are still currently servicing all of our computers and are developing future products.
We still service, repair, and support Liquivision products but we are just not currently selling any new computers. If you are having a specific problem with your computer, please give us a call at 888-270-8595 and we can initiate a return for you to have it repaired.​

I have been watching the Liquivision Lynx for a long time now and am in a serious pickle to consider. I have done my research and am wondering, as a consumer, should I move on purchasing a Lynx (For a close out price of 800$ CA for the unit + U2 transmitter) as I have a shop in Toronto willing to sell me the unit at this super low price? IS IT A GOOD price for this piece of tech, because there are PROs and CONs.... I do not want to buy something I intend to use for a long time and then regret it if I am plagued with issues

I have read to death about:
*reliability issues
*use of these special PITA batteries - general battery performance is overall LOW
*constant monitoring of O-rings
*Flimsy battery tray that I know I will have to pull out super often - due to the batteries
*lots of mixed feedback about possible Hmmm this and hmmm that about this computer.

On the other hand when it works, the general consensus is that it works very well.. and does what it is supposed to.

FYI folks, I am *not* a technical diver. I would use this dive computer for only rec needs and I doubt I would ever need additional transmitters to track buddies etc. I just want something OLED, RELIABLE, and that uses simple ready to acquire batteries anywhere...

My goal is to buy something now that I want to use for at least 10 years.. without breaking the bank. The Shearwater Perdix AI sure looks like a beautiful reliable computer, but at the price of ~1500$+, am I just snagging a good "tech for value" deal here with picking up a Lynx AI Set for $800?

I guess there are serious Pro's and con's.

I contacted Liquivision and they said in an email that they will continue to provide warranty support for the units and there "should be" parts available... but I am not sure about buying an end of lifecycle product.

Anyone who is really experienced feel free to chime in. The price just seems to be a great deal but who knows I could be wrong for a number of reasons.

If you have a LYNX and have any kind of feedback at all, please respond here to the thread or send me a PM

Last edited:
I have been watching the Liquivision Lynx for a long time now and am in a serious pickle to consider. I have done my research and am wondering, as a consumer, should I move on purchasing a Lynx (For a close out price of 800$ CA for the unit + U2 transmitter) as I have a shop in Toronto willing to sell me the unit at this super low price? IS IT A GOOD price for this piece of tech, because there are PROs and CONs.... I do not want to buy something I intend to use for a long time and then regret it if I am plagued with issues

I have read to death about:
*reliability issues
*use of these special PITA batteries - general battery performance is overall LOW
*constant monitoring of O-rings
*Flimsy battery tray that I know I will have to pull out super often - due to the batteries
*lots of mixed feedback about possible Hmmm this and hmmm that about this computer.

On the other hand when it works, the general consensus is that it works very well.. and does what it is supposed to.

FYI folks, I am *not* a technical diver. I would use this dive computer for only rec needs and I doubt I would ever need additional transmitters to track buddies etc. I just want something OLED, RELIABLE, and that uses simple ready to acquire batteries anywhere...

My goal is to buy something now that I want to use for at least 10 years.. without breaking the bank. The Shearwater Perdix AI sure looks like a beautiful reliable computer, but at the price of ~1500$+, am I just snagging a good "tech for value" deal here with picking up a Lynx AI Set for $800?

I guess there are serious Pro's and con's.

I contacted Liquivision and they said in an email that they will continue to provide warranty support for the units and there "should be" parts available... but I am not sure about buying an end of lifecycle product.

Anyone who is really experienced feel free to chime in. The price just seems to be a great deal but who knows I could be wrong for a number of reasons.

If you have a LYNX and have any kind of feedback at all, please respond here to the thread or send me a PM
get a Shearwater

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom