Liquivision Lynx Sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another excuse to spend money ! :D

I'd thought about another shiny computer now I will have to wait until I can get my hands on the side mount version to try it out - P

I was looking at buying a Petrel in the next couple weeks but this will require a second look perhaps. :shakehead:

Get the petrel!

That is the way I am leaning, its not really a comparison but I don't really need the extras the lynx has, air integration, the whole tap thing, and so on. Plus I have heard a lot of good things about the Petrel, nothing against Liquivision.

I had to return my Lynx. It didn't fit on any of the HP ports w/o obstructing connections on the neighboring LP port. Apparently a common enough issue where they mention full refund in the manual if you're not comfortable with the fit.

The transmitters are too expensive and too bulky at this point. It's almost as large as many (most?) 1st stages, not something I really want under my arm right now. If only it were miniaturized, and used standard protocols for the PC interface. I expect to sync my dive computer, and I don't expect to pay $80 for the privilege of a proprietary cable.

If anybody is ever considering to use this for sidemounting,for example gear removal to enter tight areas,then have air intergrated may be a very poor choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom