Lionfish Jail!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n2ogto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Pay no attention Lionfish.....just a cat carrier here....BAMMMM!:wink:
Dove it last week, needs some weight on the end to keep it flat on the bottom when setting by itself.

Attachments

• Lionfish Jail 001.jpg
    Lionfish Jail 001.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Lionfish Jail 002.jpg
    Lionfish Jail 002.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Lionfish Jail 003.jpg
    Lionfish Jail 003.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 133
I could only imagine the drag that thing creates underwater. I lost my zookeeper, but am thinking of building one out of this: leach.jpg

It would be comparable in size to the commercial zookeeper, but im worried about the amount of drag. The problem with the standard zookeeper is that I can only fit about 12 NC lionfish in it.

Awesome creative invention !
Would love to see a topside picture of it full sometime.
Nice work and congrats !!

Note to self. Besides all the usual containers, so far I've seen {all converted} water cooler jug, sewer pipe, tennis ball container and now to add a cat carrier to the list. I love hunting Lion fish!!

Give it a couple of pointy ends... Add ballast and floatation... make it neutral... then drag will be manageable.

Swimming drag wasn't too bad. I'll only take it down when I know there are a bunch to harvest. Probably cover the side holes, thanx DESRAT!

---------- Post added October 7th, 2015 at 10:51 PM ----------

Awesome creative invention !
Would love to see a topside picture of it full sometime.
Nice work and congrats !!

Note to self. Besides all the usual containers, so far I've seen {all converted} water cooler jug, sewer pipe, tennis ball container and now to add a cat carrier to the list. I love hunting Lion fish!!

My wife saw a pair of grocery store hand baskets tie wrapped together!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom