Lion fish hunting in Cozumel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Coz last week and both dive master and customer were hunting lion fish. They got one, cut off its fins and feed it to an anemone. Got it on video, I was thinking of shark fining when they did it, but I guess they were trying to clean up the reef.
This is in strict violation of marine park regulations. DM's/ops should not be permitting this among customers within marine park for a variety of reasons.

This is in strict violation of marine park regulations. DM's/ops should not be permitting this among customers within marine park for a variety of reasons.
I had to go back and look at the dates, this is a 7 year old Zombie thread.

I had to go back and look at the dates, this is a 7 year old Zombie thread.
Ah yes - I didn't even look at that - looks like it was dredged up as a promotion post

I always bring a small pole spear and remove any lionfish I see on shore dives. Usually the shallow ones are too small to do anything with other than kill and feed to anemones (or hungry eels, who seem to know to take them head first). I've found as many as five or six on a given shore dive.
Gary

Back
Top Bottom