Question lion air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsfinn57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Diving raja ampat in april, unfortunately we get into sorong to late for the direct garuda flight in the am. Lion air has already canceled one flight we have rescheduled for later in the day. I think there is one more flight that day. How unreliable is lion air? Should we by refundable tickets on garuda the next am.

The above are pretty click-bait-ish. Statistically, you will probably be just fine. That being said, I put all my effort into not flying Lion/Batik whenever possible. When I do, I absolutely adjust my expectations, assume I could be late, and that if I need customer service...well...you know.

I did fly Batik to Manado three weeks ago and all was pretty much perfect. Most of the time that is what happens- all goes to plan. The thing is when things fall apart, picking up their pieces can be awful.

Batik has always been great in my Phuket Denpasar runs. And Lion no crashes since the 737 Max a few years ago so you should be fine.

The above are pretty click-bait-ish. Statistically, you will probably be just fine. That being said, I put all my effort into not flying Lion/Batik whenever possible. When I do, I absolutely adjust my expectations, assume I could be late, and that if I need customer service...well...you know.

I did fly Batik to Manado three weeks ago and all was pretty much perfect. Most of the time that is what happens- all goes to plan. The thing is when things fall apart, picking up their pieces can be awful.
Just part of the joys of travel in the Third World 🌍

Just part of the joys of travel in the Third World 🌍
Non sense, there are unreliable airlines even in First world!

LOL.

You are based in the country so probably has more flexibility in your schedule. But for tourists living outside the country, a delay in the domestic connection could easily snow ball into something else ie. missing the all important home bound leg or the LoB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom