Lined Wet Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had waterproof wetsuits for many years. They have a very nice plush lining and I have never needed a skin or other oddities like baby shampoo to get it on and off. I use it for tropical diving and have no issues at all. They are great suits.

Like anything, however, fit is paramount. No matter how good the suit in terms of build (and I think Waterproof is about the best there is short of a full custom suit), if it does not fit like a skin then it will not be good. Waterproof has dozens of size combinations, so you are likely to find something good for you.

It is a little easier than most suits as far as pulling it on but the zippers at the ankle and wrist are a real plus. Not to mention the zipper at the neck for between dives. The suit is well made and has held up great. It far exceeds my Aqualung Flex or my Bare. When this wears out, I will be replacing it with another. I just wish this suit came with a pocket and a wrist computer strap like some of their 5mm suits.

Just ordered the Waterproof W3 from Dive Right in Scuba. Will report back in early april after I break it in down in Florida for Easter break.Jim Breslin

I ordered the XXL size W3 and found it too small for me.
I called the factory and they sent me out a 3XL the next day.
I never in my life felt that 5'-11" and 205 lbs was a 3XL.
The 3XL fit great, I could put a vest on under this suit if I needed some extra protection.

All that being said, the W3 is a very well made suit, and I am happy I purchased it.

Thanks, Jim

I'm a bigger guy ( 5'10" - 220 lbs) and find my Mares reef 2.5mm easy enough to don and doff - 7mm farmer johns on the other hand........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom