Lined Wet Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubavol1

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a 3mm wetsuit that fit me well; however, I am getting tired of fighting my way out of it at the end of a dive. I would like to find a wetsuit that is easier to get in and out of and would like to have zippers at the ankle and wrist. I can find a Henderson like this; however, I would have to go up to 5mm to get the zippers. Pennacle has a 3mm lined suit; however, it does not have zippers. I will appreciate anyone that has had some experience with these suits and can comment on how the lining impacts getting in and out of the suits. I have saw comments that the lining helps and comments that it does not. Also any comments on additional warmth will be appreciated.

What helps is a spritz of diluted baby shampoo applied from a small spray bottle you keep in your kit.

Seriously.

I have both unlined and lined wetsuits. Baby shampoo.

The baby shampoo spritz does work well, just be careful with it on a pitching boat deck. :confused:

No matter what suit you get it will be tight to get on or off. I use a skin to wear between the suit and myself. wet suit slides right on and off. There are those who wore pantyhose to do the same thing. The skin is a whole body solution and not a lower body fix.

Wetwear.....

If your main issue is needing wrist/ankle zips, send it to a wetsuit repair shop and have them installed. It's easy enough to do.

I switched, a couple of years ago, from a BARE 3mm to a BARE Velocity 5mm, and have found that getting into and out of the 5mm is far easier. First, the 5mm has zippers on the ankles, and second, the 5mm is stiffer, thereby making it easier to stab my legs in, without the wetsuit collapsing or folding under. As to internal body temp between the two, that is solved by the tried and true finger in the neck or wrist seal approach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom