Lightroom - copyright/watermark question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stu_in_fl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
newly land-locked in Cinci-freaking-natti
# of dives
Question for anyone who has been playing with Lightroom:

I can see where you get the copyright/watermark if using the "web" menu to create slideshows etc., but was wondering, if exporting a single (or perhaps multiple) jpgs in order to upload into a different web gallery, how do you get a copyright/watermark to be displayed ?
- do you need to export to jpegs, then use an external editor to add the visible copyright or can you do it from inside lightroom?

(and if inside lightroom, where is it and is it configuable in terms of font/size color etc. ?)

Thanks

You can include a watermark when exporting images.

You must put your watermark info in the copyright field which is located in the metadata editor while in library mode. It is 7th from the top under Title and Caption.

Then select the image(s) that you wish to export select File/Export and check the add copytight watermark box in the images settings section on the dialog box. I haven't been able to figure out how to change the font size and color, but this will get the watermark on the images for you. I hope this helps.

_bert

I'm slack, I just have an action in CS2 and so I go in there and do it. Let's me control what I want it to look like.

Haven't delved into LR presets yet, but maybe there's a way...

cap_bert:
You can include a watermark when exporting images.

You must put your watermark info in the copyright field which is located in the metadata editor while in library mode. It is 7th from the top under Title and Caption.

Then select the image(s) that you wish to export select File/Export and check the add copytight watermark box in the images settings section on the dialog box. I haven't been able to figure out how to change the font size and color, but this will get the watermark on the images for you. I hope this helps.

_bert

Interesting -yes. If you do the export with that flag set, it seems to come out really small in the bottom left (with no indication of how to change size/font/positioning etc.)
If you export for "e-mail" - it doesn't add the information

The only time you seem to get some config options are when creating something in the "Print" or "Web" section (but if exporting from there, those settings do not get exported)

Perhaps the external adding is the way to go - just seems a strange thing for the Lightroom developers to miss. It would be nice to just do it all in one program rather than having to open each one up in Photoshop (but as said by Alcina - only good if you can configure what it looks like and where it goes). I'll post on a different forum and see if anyone has any additional insight.

Lightroom does seem like a pretty cool program though

stu_in_fl:
Perhaps the external adding is the way to go - just seems a strange thing for the Lightroom developers to miss. It would be nice to just do it all in one program rather than having to open each one up in Photoshop (but as said by Alcina - only good if you can configure what it looks like and where it goes). I'll post on a different forum and see if anyone has any additional insight.

This may be. I am sure that it can be configured somewhere behind the scenes in some hidden config file, but that sort of hacking can me dangerous and ain't my cup of tea. Setting up a PS action can be quick and painless and will yield the exact results you are looking for as said above. Good luck.

_bert

Back
Top Bottom