Lightmonkey Support?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure which is worse...the customer oriented mentality (lack thereof) from LM or the folks who act as apologists for them.

-Z

yes, you should feel very blessed because the questions you're asking are very basic and show that you don't really know how stage rigging should work. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it's true.

WTF?

Let me get this straight, if someone asks an IGNORANT question then they should feel BLESSED that they don't get a rude response?

Regardless of LM's lack of an explanation (I think they responded correctly) you've gotta be F&*^ing kidding me. I would never treat any of my customers rudely because they asked a question about knowledge I take for granted.

A customer is NEVER an interruption of business, they are the reason for it.

WTF?

Let me get this straight, if someone asks an IGNORANT question then they should feel BLESSED that they don't get a rude response?

Regardless of LM's lack of an explanation (I think they responded correctly) you've gotta be F&*^ing kidding me. I would never treat any of my customers rudely because they asked a question about knowledge I take for granted.

A customer is NEVER an interruption of business, they are the reason for it.

the respomse he got wasnt rude. It was direct and accurate. I’ve been the owner of a seevice based business for 15 years and can say the customer isnt always right and sometimes a customer needs direct answers even if they or you feel its rude.
you guys need to toughen up if the response he got bothers you.

the respomse he got wasnt rude. It was direct and accurate. I’ve been the owner of a seevice based business for 15 years and can say the customer isnt always right and sometimes a customer needs direct answers even if they or you feel its rude.
you guys need to toughen up if the response he got bothers you.

First of all, I said I agree with LM's response.

I object to your, "should feel blessed" nonsense.

Please tell me where you work so I can grovel at your greatness and feel blessed that you are willing to take my money :facepalm:

Does that last statement bother you? Sorry if that hurts your feelings, toughen up.

I didn't feel LM's response was uncalled for. I believe a dive gear manufacturer would be right to assume anyone shopping for a stage rig or any other tech diving gear has already had an instructor/mentor explain what they need to buy. Buying gear before taking the course in using that gear is a recipe for disappointment, in my opinion.

Some clarification points.

@rjack321, in the picture you posted above, top left side there is a para cord ring that goes around the neck of the bottle. it's common if you make your own kit to tie a loop of para cord there as a safety ring in the event of a bungie failure. The terminology might be different but it's common practice. What through me for a loop was the bolt snap because in other methods I've seen a double ended bolt snap attached but as needed, not like this set up. But most likely I'm thinking it is for that purpose in addition to a more secure staging, for example open water equipment line with two connection points.

Well except stage kits are not used for sidemounting tanks (the DR ring bungie system being as exception, but that system also uses larger bolt snaps because the upper one has to clip through webbing and a big ring)

And even if you were using stage kits for sidemount with a ring bungie system or they are actual stages being clipped underneath sidemount tanks, safety loops are not used with stage rigged bottles.

You would know this is you had more than even the most rudimentary training in either sidemount or backmount tech diving. Even if light monkey could figure out what you are trying to do and why (I still can't), it is not their job to teach you intro to tech, GUE-F or AN/DP configuration. Even from 5,000km away it's obvious from your question that you need to get off the internet and into a class or dive with a mentor.

To answer the ops question a little more directly. That rigging is standard back mount stage rigging. Some also use the same for side mount stages. It is not rigging for a side mount primary bottle, so not intended to be bungeed. Should be clipped to the chest D-ring and the hip D-ring.

I don't have a problem with LM's answer. They need to CYA for these types of questions.

We are talking about gear for technical diving use, not for resort diving led by a DM where everybody is spoonfed their gear (not intended as a slur to the OP). Stage rigging is ridiculously simple. There are literally thousands of pictures of it and lots of explanations on how to make your own on the internet.

No disrespect intended but asking LM how to use stage rigging is about the equivalent of an OW diver calling ScubaPro and asking them how to put a fin on for scuba diving . . . They're most likely gonna tell you to get appropriate training.

I think there is a difference in being direct and being rude.

They were direct with their response, it left no room for misinterpretation.

That's not rude.

Rude would be telling you to go **** yourself because you're obviously a ******* moron who is going to kill yourself or someone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom