light weight open heels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Thankfully we have no need for open heel fins & boots where I live so I haven't owned any in years. But now I'm going on a couple of diving holidays and I think I'd like to buy some. First trip is to Bonaire, so I need well soled boots for the entries/exits.

Can you recommend some lighter weight open heel fins for me to check out? The last pair I owned were Mares Quattro's and they are many things but lightweight is not one of them!

You might want to look at the OMS Slipstreams. Very light.

+ for the slipstreams and some good deals around.

Oceanic vipers, I use them when traveling, very light, comfortable and cheap. The only other fins I've found that are lighter are APS Mantaray and AL hotshots (although not entirely open). The SP SeaWing Novas are also pretty light. Good luck.

Looked at the slipstreams, the reviews all seem to be from big guys, not small women. Most reviews say they are stiff fitting and for strong legs. Not sure those are suitable for me.

I'll check out some of the others suggested so far - keep 'em coming, thanks!

BTW - does anyone have online shopping recommendations in addition to LeisurePro and ScubaToys? It has to be online as they need to be at my US address when I land from Oz as I depart for Bonaire less than 24 hours after that!

I've delt with both and have had good experiences but found shipping cost and time were very bad. Lately I've been dealing with Dive right in (DRIS) as they have awesome customer service, good shipping rates and very good gear.

Tusa Liberator X-10's. They've been around for quite a while (20 yrs +). Very light weight and easy on the legs. I have a pair I bought in 91 and still dive them.

I'm a small guy and find the vipers to be very easy on my legs.

---------- Post added May 16th, 2012 at 10:10 PM ----------

You could also take a look at the Hollis F2 if they ever get around to releasing them.

+1 for the Seawing Nova's they are light and slightly positive. As for the shipping issue.. I'd hate to depend on shipping companies to meet your needs when you are on a tight schedule.. I would call a local dive shop near where your US address is and have them order the fins you want and keep it for you. Reason being that when you get the item and if it doesn't suit what you need, you would have other choices to choose from right at the shop.

Someone mentioned the Hollis F2 fins (not yet released).. but they are slightly modifited APS Mantaray Fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom