Light Cannon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not question your patriotism...

But I think your admission is quite an understatement...

In your passion to persuade us that you must be correct, you have slammed an incredibly dedicated group of individuals. They do and risk so much for so little. Most of them do not see their actions as heroic but as their duty. I only hope that the disparaging remark was inadvertant in nature.

You need not compare them to auto technicians, journeymen and the like... for they are mechanically/safety inclined in their own right. The question would be whether they would be competent to insert/tighten a screw. The level of mechanical competence enjoyed by most firefighters would far exceed that criteria.

So, if you think that they only
put out fires and teach fire prevention and that's about it
, then I would again encourage you to spend some time at a firestation and learn first hand what is actually involved in their duties.

As for flaming... I don't recall an epithet or name ascribed to you in that post. I did express my concern over a rather simplistic, not very well thought out statement. If in any way it is a flame, you have my sincere apologies.

One last thing... why don't you share your quote with your friend the firefighter, and see how s/he reacts? Just a thought...

uhh..i know this thread is kinda old.. but back to the topic.. is it recommended that I get a lantern grip over a pistol grip on this light then?? (does the lantern grip have the same screwing isse as the pistol grip?)
thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom