Light Cannon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before I tell you what the factory had to say, let me put out a couple of facts:

1 When I purchased my light, it came with the handle on it.

2 It seemed OK to me the night before when I checked my gear.

To Mitch421

3 I have DIN fittings, so my reg is unlikely to 'fall off', as you put it.

4 Has my tank ever come out of the BC strap? Yes. Anyone who claims it has NEVER happened to them is probably stretching the truth. You see, the strap and tank are made of two different materials. That can cause them to expand and contract at different rates due to pressure and temperature. It is what many people call physics. However, it shouldn't happen often.

5. it is my opinion that you are an @ss.

For everyone else:

The factory has acknowledged that it is a design problem, but the best they would do is to sell me one wholesale. ($140)

with number 5.
I think UK is screwing you though because leisurepro.com has the light cannon for 139.95 so they aren't even giving you a savings at all. I would complain alot more, if they admit that their design is faulty then they should damn sure replace it for free.

Pretty sure I didn't solicit any advice ... almost certain I said the solution was "to MY satisfaction" ... as an aside it has survived several dives (although I admit I didn't leave it in the sun on those night dives ... just exatly how one would do that isn't exactly clear ...) ... regardless ... it DOES work for me ... it IS to my satisfaction and in this particular case I am NOT soliciting advice or counsel on the matter ...

Opinions are very much like noses ... everyone has one and most people think your's looks funny ... :wink:

Did you get it from DO??? on I-Drive??? Thats where I got mine, and if I can remember back that far... I think that I had to tighten the screw some more. Whatever, if it was assembled by the LDS, then THEY owe you a new light. (Did I call that one, or what!?!)

No, I got it at KPD on 192. I think SOMEONE owes me one. It was due to NO dumb mistake on my part. But, the LDS doesn't see it that way.

For the record, I am not one of those whiney customers. I have (over the years) lost and/or broken a few pieces of gear. Including, a tank, a computer, gloves, masks and other assorted items. Sometimes my fault, sometimes not. When it is my fault, I take my lumps. In this case, it isn't my fault. Looking at my records, I spend about $7K or so a year on diving. The majority of that is divided between this shop and one other. I think I deserve some consideration. There are 17 dive shops in this town. I will go with the best price and service, wherever that is.

Did you get the instructions with your light? If it was already assemblied then it couldn't have been in the box and if it didn't have the instructions and if the dive shop didn't tell you to check the handle screw then they are totally, unquestionably at fault and they shouldn't even be able to argue about it. If it came with the instructions then it is a toss up who should owe you the new light, either UK or the dive shop, but someone owes you a new light.
On another note, what the in the hell is BadeInBulverde talking about, is that a post that got in the wrong thread maybe?

He was offering some unsolicited advice when I simply indicated MY solution to the Light Cannon handle design problem .... sorry for the confusion
:jester:

I am sorry BadeInBulverde stupid oversite on my part, I just didn't relize how many people mitch was pissing off, your post makes sense now that a remembered your first post, again am I am sorry for the mix up.

Hey, I'm sorry if I upset anyone on the board. And as for insulting I did not resort to name calling. You are the ones calling me an "ass" and a "Jerk" just because I don't happen to agree with you. You just can't handle the truth.

And my advice about the tape may not have been solicited but I gave it because I hate to see someone get into trouble just because they are a dumb ass using electrical tape to secure a light to a handle. If you can't take constructive criticism, that's your problem.

I just call it as I see it. In this case, it is clear that you were trying to rip off Underwater Kinetics. They exchanged my light when the bulb broke prematurely which was fair. They didn't replace your light because they decided it wasn't their fault that you lost it. And they're right. If you cant figure out how tight one little screw should be, directions or no directions, maybe you shouldn't be diving. You sound like an accident waiting to happen.

I think it is honorable of them to offer you a light at wholesale. For you to complain now that they are again ripping you off because their offer is not quite as low as Liesure Pro underscores the fact that you both are a couple of whining little babies. If you spend $7,000 a year on dive equipment, then you are just a spoiled rich whining little baby.

I think the two of you should pair up as dive buddies. The rest of us will be a whole lot safer.

Nothing personal.

This is NOT the tech section... we really don't need to be abusive here. Enough feathers have been ruffled to go around. EVERYONE needs to lighten up. If you have stated your opinion then just let it drop... no need to fuel the fire anymore! Some of you would do good to go back and "edit" your posts to reflect a kinder, gentler Scubaboard! Opinions are one thing, but this is bordering on flaming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom