Lift Bag VS. Lil' Irish Temper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you should submit that story to Dive Training magazine! Very funny how you wrote it!

Thanks everyone, wait till this weekend when I try out the new drysuit :D

And yes there will be a rematch against the evil orange one. :devil:

Lol ...that was good!

I'm trying to decide whether it belongs in here or in "Humor, Yarns & Tales. :)

Your lucky you didn't kill yourself or your buddy, I don't think it's right to make light of putting yourself and others in danger, and then acting like you didn't do anything wrong.

If you don't have the training, you shouldn't try it.

ScubaFreak:
and I thought it was a shooting star...funny though...my wish came true :D

By any chance was your wish to have an old outboard engine land in your garden?

sinkorswim:
Your lucky you didn't kill yourself or your buddy, I don't think it's right to make light of putting yourself and others in danger, and then acting like you didn't do anything wrong.

If you don't have the training, you shouldn't try it.

1) I don't know what more of a safety net I could have gotten. According to you I would need the Fire Dept, PD, and EMS, and maybe the Coast Guard out there, but I think the Coast Guard quit patrolling quarries awhile back, and I dont have that big of a budget.

2) I wrote it to be funny, because that keeps people interested in the story. I think most people would get bored of the "place Lift Bag A here, then move to Spool, and insert". I never "Made Light" of any of it, maybe if you reread it you would see that at the end.
I was making the point of don't get in over your head. But I'm sure you've never have done that in your life, Hmmmmm

3) Dont have the training, dont try it?

I understand that you bringing Subs up from the bottom of the ocean at 300 feet is much cooler then me bringing up an outboard motor from 25 feet, but since I don't come out to the middle of the ocean, and tell you how to do your diving, why dont you stay out of my quarry, and let me do mine.

Oh, and if you find an outboard motor out there it's mine!

LIT

LIT 1, sinkorswim 0

A well-told tail is one that's remembered -- thanks for sharing what not to do.

Have to check out West, see if NORAD has a track on it...

"Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom