Lift Bag VS. Lil' Irish Temper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LMAO, can I be there for the rematch?
Great story and very well written too.

Great story.

I'm actually planning on my first such 'battle' this coming Saturday. :11:

Michael

I was wondering where that evinrude my dogs were playing with came from. :)

Great post LIT. :D And I'm glad you survived.

I remember the first outboard we rescued... that was before we'd had any training in using lift bags. A local had just dropped his outboard into Lake Stevens and called the FD for help. We didn't have a lift bag so my partner and I used the only thing at hand: a body bag. :D

I cringe now. :rolleyes:

Keep practicing but don't do it at the end of a long/deep dive until you have it down pat.

LIT - sounds like you had fun, and were mostly safe, just ego wounds!

I agree with Doc Intrepid's thought of what is the best way to fill your bag. I go to my bungeed back up and use my 2nd stage on the long hose to fill it up by purging, i guess anyone could also do it with their octo. I just dont see putting your head in the way so close to the action as a safe way to fill the bag up - as you found with your entangled mask (i wont even mention the snorkel - not very tech :wink: ). I like to keep these moving things away from me when i am setting up to shoot or lift. Still havent quite got it down every time on shooting, lifting isnt too bad though.

great story, i'm about at the stage you are too, have been thinking of learning to shoot a bag. once i stop laughing i'll try and learn something from your tale!!

I think that I have the same lift bag. If you leave the little metal clip hanging out of the bag, it gives you some purchase when trying to seperate the bag from the sleeve. If it's the same type that I have, the velcro on the sleeve will help keep the webbing in.

I think that I saw your motor having a beer with Elvis in a trailer park in Western NY- somewhere near Salamanca.

Good luck.

I was shooting sacks of Crown of Thorns from about 15-18 meters to the surface with "sausages". That's how I got poked a few times. Didn't quite get out of the way with all the spines poking out the sides of the bags....Once the bag is full of air it's real important to have a buddy with a knife close by. Things can go bad real quick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom