Life when your other half does/doesn't dive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My kids dive
My wife does not dive.

She is OK with the arrangement

If I were single I would not have a serious relationship with a non-diver

I am single and not willing to date someone who is not a diver. My weekends and vacations are spent diving with a great group, albeit it married group, of people. A weekday, non vacation land loving partner is not my idea of fun :)

ditto for me

My wife doesn't dive, and I think that works out better. I have my Saturday mornings diving, and she gets a bit of peace and quiet. I am hoping my kids will dive when they are older, but I am not going to pressure them into it.

Funnily enough, one of the girls who I dive with reasonably regularly insists that she won't date anyone who does not dive. But I never buy the "you must do everything together" approach to relationships. So long as you spend quality time together, it is OK (and healthy) to each have outside interests.

Last edited:
My wife is deffinately not a diver, she says "Something about being on a life support system, doesnt sound appealing to me." So for now It has inhibited my diving schedule. But this coming year, I plan on changing that around, and taking some more bubble blowing time for me :)

Back
Top Bottom