Life Insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMonkeys

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm curious if anyone has had difficulty obtaining life insurance without an exclusion for cave diving? I'm qualifying for a business loan which requires a substantial life insurance policy, but as a cave diver, I'm not finding an insurance company that will cover me. Any suggestions?

Impossible to get life insurance as a cave diver, except through DAN.

Not true. Do you belong to any professional organizations?

BS, I can insure you as a cave diver in FL through a top rated company.

Interesting responses.

I've tried over and over for many years to get life insurance from a variety of companies. Invariably, I go through a long process of paperwork and recorded phone interviews that seems to drag on and on for weeks.

Then, invariably, I am informed that my life insurance application has been declined, or that it has been accepted with an exclusion for all scuba diving activities.

Try looking on The Deco Stop for this subject. Joel Silverstien (spelling?) the owner of Tech Diving Limited used to be an insurance agent and has posted extensively on this subject. If you do find some one to insure you I'm sure it will unfortunately be very expensive.

Thanks, Aqua-Andy. I'll be sure to check out The Deco Stop for this topic. I've been quoted some pretty hefty up-charges for coverage. Some are more than 3x the premium in addition to the premium.

Try looking on The Deco Stop for this subject. Joel Silverstien (spelling?) the owner of Tech Diving Limited used to be an insurance agent and has posted extensively on this subject. If you do find some one to insure you I'm sure it will unfortunately be very expensive.

Also not necessarily true. I have a very reasonable premium.

I have it, no issues.

I can insure cave divers. But you must sign the application in FL, because that is the state my license is valid in. Look me up next time you're cave diving here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom