Life beyond Sprog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ID and Pugster......I am not here either, but I do have a question to pose too our expectant mothers.....at what point did you / or are stopping the dives ?? Just curious, and no the LOML are not expecting anymore "sprogs" (nice name BTW, and too think I grew up speaking the King's english ...yikes).:confused:

So, when you give birth, is a Sprog sprung?

OK I'm not here either... and I bet they don't let me back in :(

Ty

Butch103 -

My OB advised that I stop diving as soon as we began actively trying to get pregnant. By actively trying she meant determining the most fertile days in your cycle and targeting those. I got pregnant the second month we tried so this did not require me to sit out a lot of diving since I don't do much in the months of Feb and March in Kansas!

I did wait to start trying until after a trip to Roatan in January so I wouldn't have to miss out on diving.

I know many other female divers who didn't stop diving until they actually found out they were pregnant. I think it depends on your comfort level with the risks. I waited 7 years after we got married to try to get pregnant so I thought I better be as careful as possible as my time was running out and my age was causing me to near higher risk for some other pregnancy related problems.

Like the consumption of moderate alcohol and caffeine during pregnancy, the information you read varies widely and there is little scientific proof to back up a lot of it. The causal relationship has not been established for many things that doctors recommend and discourage. Each women (and her partner if applicable) has to make up her mind what risks they are willing to take.

My .02.

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

I found out that i was up the duff (pregnant) when I went diving. I have NEVER been so boat sick in my life....

Of course I then panicked because I had taken a sea sickness tablet, done a 20m+ dive then come home and read all about the sheep experiments. (not pleasant reading and I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you are an animal lover. The outcome of the tests were inconclusive for humans but pretty much proved pregnant ewes shouldn't go diving)

2 scans later and everything seems fine (touch wood). I was about 2-3 weeks pregnant when I did that dive and haven't been in since. I decided that I would always blame myself if something went wrong.

Due late December, plan to dive asap after that!

Love

Booga

So let me get this correct.................

Up the duff with a sprog?

Interesting phrase.

ID

Iguana Don once bubbled...
So let me get this correct.................

Up the duff with a sprog?

Interesting phrase.

ID

And I thougt the rednecks spoke real funny english......

Well, we did invent the language. A quick dictionary for y'all, US - UK

pants are knickers
p****d is drunk
child is sprog
faucet is tap
fag is a cigarette
pints are what milk and more importantly beer come in.
Bitter is a beer, lager is crap (can I say that?)
Chips are crisps
fries are chips

and if you think that is bad, you should try Aussie English!

Love

Booga

Hi Booga,

I've just returned from a dive vacation in Cozumel. The trip was fantastic! I hope you, your SO (significant other) & sprog can go there soon.

I thought you might like some information on how childcare was arranged:
There were 4 children on this trip. 2 boys, 18 mo. & 4 years old, and 2 girls, 11 & 13. The two girls were a big help with the children. The girls loved playing with the boys. The children were very good travelers too and they all loved the water. During our SI everyone went snorkling (except the 18mo, his mom just swam around with him). The first 2 days of diving we had everyone on the boat. It worked well except the girls got bored and after the 2nd day their parents hired a babysitter. $50.00 USD for the whole day up to six children. The sitter was really good - everyone liked her.

The hotel we stayed at (Park Royal) had a kids play area with a kiddie pool & slide. The kids & sitter hung out there while we went diving.

The 18mo old did delay his mom's diving because he kept wanting to nurse when she started gearing up. Her husband is the one who found the sitter. The 18 mo's mom never missed a dive - in fact she dove from shore before we went out on the boat 3 mornings in a row. Her husband is very supportive and took care of the kids.

I think the key with these kids is that their parents have stayed very active and the kids are used to traveling.

I hope your pregnancy is going well!

Luisa

Back
Top Bottom