LF Turks and Caicos Expert (Provo & Grand Tuks) 22-29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

volks_r_us

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all you TC experts.

I will be in Provo from January 22 to 29. I would like to go diving. I have a very bad Sea sick experience in the Atlantic, I wanted to die that day.since that day i try to avoid long boat ride.

Last April I was in Cozumel and did not experience and Motion sickness , but i was staying at the Iberostar less then 15 min from the reef, with a boat that come back to the Hotel between the Dives.

My dad went Diving to TC last Year and he Took a boat to west Caicos. He told me sea can get pretty choppy and Some Diver were feeling sick. I guess It's not the same sea condition as Cozumel .Also boat ride lasted 5 hours :coffee: his Words got me a bit anxious about diving in TC.

I was read in somewhere that diving in Grand Turk was alot easier then Provo with Short boat ride, like in cozumel 10-20min. Also some shore Diving was available in some hotels. My plan was to go to Grand Turks for 2-3 days any recomandation, B&B, dive Op, hotels.

What would you guys Recommand ?
If I survived Cozumel sea without a problem will I survive Provo.
Do I have other dive Option in Provo other then taking a boat for 5 hours ?

Im not the Drug type of guy so anti Motion sickness pill wont do the trick for me I take the Ginger ones but dont rely on them.

In other Words I want to dive and will dive but would like to minimize my sea sickness risk. My only option is short boat ride where do I go for that.

Thanks

The best diving from Provo is generally considered to not be off Provo itself but off West Caicos which is a longer and potentially rough boat ride. Caicos Adventures has a large fast cat which would probably be the most stable and fastest boat going out there and they say 35-40 minutes. 5 hours is for the whole 2-tank trip, a lot of which you will be moored off West Caicos which should be much calmer than the actual crossing. There are certainly boats that dive closer right around Provo. The boat rides to the sites on Grand Turk are much shorter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom