Let's target that one pound of fat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Only One Pound of Fat

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't, you should.
I'm a pound of fat,
And I'm the HAPPIEST
pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?
It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose three pounds,
five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly,
so that you never seem to notice it.
That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or
even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT,
left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in keep right on saying,
"Oh, I only lost one pound." (As if that were
such a terrible thing.)
For you see, if you do this,
you'll encourage others to keep me around because
they'll think I'm not worth losing.
And, I love being around you -
your arms, your legs,
your chin, your hips and
every part of you.
Happy Days!!!
After all, I'm
ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

Thanks Dee! When I weighed in today, I kept thinking- down only one pound in a week! But it's definitely something. I feel much better about my slow progress. When I think back on a nutrition class I took a few years ago, my teacher had a plastic representation of a pound and it actually was pretty big! And after all, a pound lost is better than a pound gained.

jewey4:
And after all, a pound lost is better than a pound gained.

You've got that right! One pound at a time every week is still very good progress.

Dee:
You've got that right! One pound at a time every week is still very good progress.
I would replace the word 'still' with 'very'!!

One pound of real fat is a very very very good result. I'm big into fitness and weightlifting and I can tell you, when I'm cutting (getting rid of my fat), I target for 1 pound of fat a week (trying not to lose muscle mass in the mean time). One pound of fat is 3500 calories!

Most people have had a very bad eating habit for years and expect to lose it in a few weeks or so. Impossible when proper dieting.

Too bad that we are not educated in school about proper nutrition. There are more nonsens around than truth when it comes to dieting. And advertisers take well advantage of that (think about that ridiculous 0% fat slogans..., like fat is bad for you! You need around 30-40% of your caloric intake from fat! Just the right ones, like omega3, 6 and 9).

Carbs ain't bad either, again, pick the right ones... and do not eat more calories than you burn. When dieting slowly reduce the amount of calories you eat so your body can adjust and you do not feel hungry. Do not go below a daily caloric deficiency of 500 kcals, so that is 3500 kcals a week (which is that one pound of fat). When you do drop[ your foodintake too much, your body will slow down its metabolism. Eat 6-8 times a day instead of 3 times to increase the metabolism, reducing the amount of calories towards the end of the day. More tips? Just PM or email. I've studied dieting and been giving diet and training advice to BBers for 2 years now.

All in all, Dee: congrats with your achievement!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom